January Transfer Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is there's been trouble with most of the managers under Abramovich, I'm surprised that he seems shocked that he doesn't get what he wants.
There’s one thing not getting what they want but something else altogether when you are offered a Crouch or Carrol or Dzeko. When City are running away with the title Roman is taking the pee

Is Dzeko that bad a signing? Looks like it’s a done deal anyway.

Is Dzeko that bad a signing? Looks like it’s a done deal anyway.
I liked him. Always played well for City. Even off the bench IIRC. But he is 31+ years. Not long term and clearly Bats isn’t in Contes plans.
I hope if Dzeko comes he picks up where he left off for City.

Dzeko will do a job at Chelsea

Dzeko if you play to his strengths is unplayable on his day, however a worker you will not get

There’s one thing not getting what they want but something else altogether when you are offered a Crouch or Carrol or Dzeko. When City are running away with the title Roman is taking the pee

I'll give you the first two but Dzeko is decent, always has been tbf and currently in great form.

I'll give you the first two but Dzeko is decent, always has been tbf and currently in great form.
I hope you’re right. We desperately need a target man.

Hang on....£30m-£40m for someone who's 32 in 8 weeks (and hardly set the world alight for City) and that's being heralded as a decent buy, but the general consensus on here is that a 29 year old Sanchez in a straight swap for an out of favour £26m player isn't a good deal for Utd? That's a strange one.

Hang on....£30m-£40m for someone who's 32 in 8 weeks (and hardly set the world alight for City) and that's being heralded as a decent buy, but the general consensus on here is that a 29 year old Sanchez in a straight swap for an out of favour £26m player isn't a good deal for Utd? That's a strange one.

Where has that been suggested?

I thought Chelsea had a fairly strict no over 30s policy?

I thought Chelsea had a fairly strict no over 30s policy?

No idea.

Still doesn't change my view on him being a good buy for what they're looking for and clearly someone's missed the details of the possible deal with Roma because it's supposedly £40m for Dzeko and Emerson.

I suppose you have to pay more for premier league winning experience.

I suppose you have to pay more for premier league winning experience.

To be honest I hadn't even factored that in, just always thought he was a decent forward. As you'll be aware his goal scoring record is pretty much 1 in 2, struggle to find many forwards with that record or better for the kind of money being mentioned.

Where has that been suggested?
Did you miss the 100 odd pages on here with almost everyone saying how over priced he was, City fans delighted not to be getting him because of his price etc etc. Dressing room disharmony. Held to ransom. Too old. Which of the kids will Jose have to drop? £180m deal. Football gone mad. Agents fees. Utd overpaying. Only joining Utd for the money.

Then a few days later City spend £50m+ on a defender most of us will have never heard of before yesterday and Chelsea look to be paying £30m+ on a 31 year old and that's all fine and dandy. Just seems a little strange is all.

Did you miss the 100 odd pages on here with almost everyone saying how over priced he was, City fans delighted not to be getting him because of his price etc etc. Dressing room disharmony. Held to ransom. Too old. Which of the kids will Jose have to drop? £180m deal. Football gone mad. Agents fees. Utd overpaying. Only joining Utd for the money.

Then a few days later City spend £50m+ on a defender most of us will have never heard of before yesterday and Chelsea look to be paying £30m+ on a 31 year old and that's all fine and dandy. Just seems a little strange is all.

Hardly the ‘general consensus’ though was it. Most of us know he’s a good signing, there’s a minority who think the opposite (which is fair enough).

Did you miss the 100 odd pages on here with almost everyone saying how over priced he was, City fans delighted not to be getting him because of his price etc etc. Dressing room disharmony. Held to ransom. Too old. Which of the kids will Jose have to drop? £180m deal. Football gone mad. Agents fees. Utd overpaying.

The main talking point of that debate was the wages and nobody knows for sure what he's on anyway. Most of the noise about it being too much was coming from a certain corner that seemed a bit miffed that you'd got him over them and you were giving as good as you got with the little remarks. So that is hardly a general consensus is really.

Laporte has been around for years, lot of the bigger sides have been looking at him so I found it odd that you'd not of heard of him one way or another. Wasn't it you that said you considered it a bargain compared to what other defenders have recently gone for?.

Hardly the ‘general consensus’ though was it. Most of us know he’s a good signing, there’s a minority who think the opposite (which is fair enough).
Fair enough... I must have imagined the wave of negativity the second Utd were linked with Sanchez.

You mention City fans delighted not to be getting him because of the price.

I certainly never said that, think he’s a quality player.

And as for you never heard about Laporte - I guess that says a lot.

The main talking point of that debate was the wages and nobody knows for sure what he's on anyway. Most of the noise about it being too much was coming from a certain corner that seemed a bit miffed that you'd got him over them and you were giving as good as you got with the little remarks. So that is hardly a general consensus is really.

Laporte has been around for years, lot of the bigger sides have been looking at him so I found it odd that you'd not of heard of him one way or another. Wasn't it you that said you considered it a bargain compared to what other defenders have recently gone for?.

Absolutely. All the points you've made apply to what I've said about Sanchez from the second he was linked to Utd, even when I was 99% sure he'd still join City.

-Who would we get for the same money?
-He's exactly what Utd need.
-Compared with what x, y and x went for he's good value (as it turns out, he's could turn out to be a bit of a bargain)

What I find strange is:

a) When it was Sanchez to Utd, the world and his dog knew EVERY aspect of the deal well in advance of it actually being signed (and were completely wrong about it in retrospect).
b) People on here (and it appeared to be the majority, but it fairness you're probably right, it was a vocal minority) were happy to use the (incorrect) facts and figures as a stick to beat Jose / Utd with. Yet when Chelsea are linked to an older, less prestigious player for more money, no one bats an eye-lid. And by no one I mean the media, and supporters on here.

Chelsea are linked with a double-deal from Roma though so there's one key difference. If they were signing Dzeko for £40m you know most people would be all over that with criticism but then fee's are only going one way.

I just wouldn't get too carried away with the initial reaction to the Sanchez deal, like many of us have said the criticism was from certain areas and you can bet a lot of those were disappointed Arsenal fans (for obvious reasons) and some Man City because they'd of liked a player of that calibre regardless of whether he would go right into the first eleven or not.

you can bet a lot of those were disappointed Arsenal fans (for obvious reasons) and some Man City because they'd of liked a player of that calibre regardless of whether he would go right into the first eleven or not.

You have forgotten about the abu's, abc's, abl etc etc they love a stick to beat.

I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say that I’m looking forward to this transfer window closing so we can get back to the mature, intelligent debate this sub forum is renowned for..................

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That same defender that you said seemed a bargain, do you even remember what you type on here half the time..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom