January Sales - £800 to spend

craigy_b

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking to get a new 4K tv and was all set to go for the Samsung UE55KU6400 which Richer Sounds are currently doing for £699 with a 6 year warranty.

Having read a few posts on here it seems that this may not be the best of TVs to go for due to its HDR performance so I'm looking for some suggestions. Currently have 3 TV's in the house, all Samsungs and this one will be to replace a 40", C750 series.

The TV will be used for watching Sky HD, movies and sport (will upgrade to Q in the near future) and occasional gaming with the Xbox One S. Netflix will also be used regularly. Viewing distance is around 10-11 feet.

As my current TV's are Samsungs thats what I'm comfortable with but open to suggestions. Ideally looking for a 55" screen and I have around £800 to spend.

Thanks in advance.

At 55" you need to spend at least £900 on a KS7000 to get decent HDR, anything less and you might get better colour but you won't get good enough local dimming and brightness to showcase HDR.

Thanks for the advice - it looks like I might stretch to the Ks7000 if I can come up with a valid excuse for SWMBO. Now just to find somewhere that has it in stock with the 5 year guarantee.

You're probably already aware Craig but Richer Sounds have the 49" version for £850 with a 6yr guarantee if you sign up to their vip club (which is free).

You're probably already aware Craig but Richer Sounds have the 49" version for £850 with a 6yr guarantee if you sign up to their vip club (which is free).

Thanks for that, it was one that I'd seen but think a 55 would suit the room better. Tried my local Currys who were doing it for £849 with a 5 year guarantee but they are out of stock for collection and home delivery (despite the website saying otherwise), Richer Sounds dont have it on their website at all and John Lewis are out of stock - hopefully the new year will bring some more stock.

Thanks for the advice - it looks like I might stretch to the Ks7000 if I can come up with a valid excuse for SWMBO. Now just to find somewhere that has it in stock with the 5 year guarantee.

If it's any good to you mate.

My wife wasn't happy after I came back from Richersounds spending £899 on the Samsung KS7000 TV and £399 on a new Denon AV Receiver, it all arrived today though and after a few YouTube HDR videos and Deadpool 4K Ultra HD Bluray for our evening movie...

She was completely blown away and even said "I get why you got this now, it's incredible.. Can we get planet earth on 4K bluray?"... She's normally anti my gadget purchases but this TV and a few months back the HTC Vive - she is turned around after using them. Thank god ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom