January 2020 Transfer Rumours & Discussion

dr no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With only few days till the window opens, don’t think there is a thread on this yet.
Not the most active or exciting window but still it gives some an opportunity to boost their potentially waning season.

I usually only watch Chelsea games and am oblivious to potential targets.
Can anyone share their knowledge of Werner (£27m) or Isco (£44m) or Sancho (£120m). Goes without saying this is just net talk/rumours/interest

I'd take all of them please. Likely departures Giroud, Batshuayi, Pedro and Barkley.

Timo Werner can play as CF and as a wide attacker. Very quick and would be a great addition to replace Pedro in the squad and as a rotating striker with Tammy.

Real are probably trying to fund a move for a Pogna by selling Isco. Haven't watched him for a while but the guy is technically solid as they come would be a more experienced #10 to compete with Mount.

Sancho would be amazing. Would rather sign him for £120m than the reported £80m for Zaha.

Pogba stays until the summer and no departures in January. Maybe Gomez at least will renew his contract and Haaland joins from RB Salzburg. A CM and Mertens would be a nice surprise too. Ultimately I reckon nothing will change!

Yeah. Expecting nothing at United in all honesty. I think Gomes is off in the summer by the way. Matic could be gone this January but I would say that's it

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gomez and Chong leave next summer. They’ll develop better elsewhere if our first team coaching isn't improved soon. United should add buy back clauses anyway.

I'd take all of them please. Likely departures Giroud, Batshuayi, Pedro and Barkley.

Timo Werner can play as CF and as a wide attacker. Very quick and would be a great addition to replace Pedro in the squad and as a rotating striker with Tammy.

Real are probably trying to fund a move for a Pogna by selling Isco. Haven't watched him for a while but the guy is technically solid as they come would be a more experienced #10 to compete with Mount.

Sancho would be amazing. Would rather sign him for £120m than the reported £80m for Zaha.
Is Sancho that good? Even at £120m? It’s a lot of money on one player. I’ve never seen him play

Is Sancho that good? Even at £120m? It’s a lot of money on one player. I’ve never seen him play
You have never even seen him play for England let alone Dortmund ?
Top player and only 19 so will get even better, apparently Klopp wants him 100% but don't think we are prepared to pay that much, he wanted out this January, but Dortmund sorted that out so he stayed until the summer going by reports.

I'm not totally sold on Sancho yet. Hes amazing considering his age but does he have that je ne sais quoi I'm not sure. If Chelsea can secure CL football in May then I think theres a strong possibility of it happening. Money is there to be spent from the sales in the summer.

You have never even seen him play for England let alone Dortmund ?
Top player and only 19 so will get even better, apparently Klopp wants him 100% but don't think we are prepared to pay that much, he wanted out this January, but Dortmund sorted that out so he stayed until the summer going by reports.
No. I stopped watching England many years go. Only major competition games now.

Sancho is another billy big bollocks, wanted away from City, now Dortmund, think he has that dodgy agent who’s name escapes me, I’m not doubting his ability, just his attitude.

Sancho is a talent but £120m :eek:

Werner is fantastic, he'd be a great addition to any side IMO.

Not seen much of Isco this season but always been keen on him as a player. He had a bit of a revival under Real's previous coach.

Jack Clarke has been recalled from his loan spell by parent club Tottenham Hotspur and will return to North London in January

about time wasnt getting game time since we signed him

I’m surprised we’re not linked with any defenders. Are there any solid defenders, or ones with potential, that would help our defence?

soyuncu would be a great signing for anyone class imo better than maguire thats for sure

Leicester City he is only 23 i rate him a lot love to see him at spurs
I think getting anyone from Leicester, with their own lofty ambition, will be a mission for anyone. Or at least a mission requiring a hell of a lot of money

Anyone else bar Chelsea making moves ? Spurs ?

Dortmund got Haaland then as predicted, thought he was off to United ?
Not that they needed him anyway, they have strikers.

I will be absolutely amazed if United sign anybody. Ole has already made comments like scouting players for the summer rather than January etc.

Dortmund got Haaland then as predicted, thought he was off to United ?
Not that they needed him anyway, they have strikers.
It’s to do with his bloody agent about sell on clauses etc, Raiola I think it is he’s a stain on football and it’s these guys that are ruining the game, unsettling players every few years just so they can profit from it, Harland will end up at Bayern in a few years if he’s any good.

I will be absolutely amazed if United sign anybody. Ole has already made comments like scouting players for the summer rather than January etc.

He is deluded then becasue if United want to have any chance of a top 4 finish they need midfielders and quality ones at that. Me personally, i'd be waving 25 mill at Levy and i think he will sell because he leaves for nothing in summer anyway and that could be the difference between CL and Europa league as all teams fighting for 4th are as good and bad as each other this season

He is deluded then becasue if United want to have any chance of a top 4 finish they need midfielders and quality ones at that. Me personally, i'd be waving 25 mill at Levy and i think he will sell because he leaves for nothing in summer anyway and that could be the difference between CL and Europa league as all teams fighting for 4th are as good and bad as each other this season

You talking about Eriksen? As a Spurs fan I'd happily let you have him if you'd take him in january. He's been poor for the last 18 months and I want him gone, but it's unlikely he'll go in January because he'd lose out financially. He'll probably be staying until the end of season so that he can get a big signing on bonus to make up for the wages he's lost out on by not penning a new deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom