1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January 2005 - New Shows!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Dec 11, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

There are some real stonking new shows coming to FX289, on Sky, in the New Year! Some you will have heard of, others you won't. Some are repeats, and others all new to the UK.

Here's a quick run-down for you all:

Highlander (Starts in a week or so's time! Not in January!!)
    There can be only one. Except there never was, just one. Genuinely enjoyable and acclaimed cult Canadian TV show spin-off from the famous film franchise. The show is actually a lot better (in my opinion) than the films, and the stories deal with a lot of true historical events, in an intelligent and off-beat way. With Adrian Paul, Stan Kirsch, and the gorgeous Alexandra Vandernoot, we follow the plight of Duncan Macleod in his quest to deal with the prophecy of the Immortals. The Pilot Episode is actually a continuation from the first film! Definitely one to watch!

All of the following start in Jan 2005 on FX289!
    NYPD Blue
    Starts a re-run of Season 1

Family Guy
    All of the first three seasons, (and possibly the all-new Season 4), shwoing UNCUT and UNCENSORED in a post-9pm slot! Finally, get to see this superbly acerbic animation series, as it was meant to be seen! Hilarious, crude, but always manic!

The Wire
    New crime-drama, from the creators and producers of "Homicide: Life On The Streets". Season 1, just like "The Shield", has 13 episodes, and is supposedly even grittier and more hard-hitting than "The Shield" was! :eek: As the show's been running for three seasons now, I think this could become another brilliant US drama that will be much talked about!

Viper
    Old (1994!) but intelligent new crime/action show about a super-powered car (the Viper), that is a city's only hope of stopping a major crime syndicate. It sounds stupid, in a kind of mid-1980's "Knight Rider" or "Street Hawk" kind of way, but it's supposed to be a mindlessly fun show, not a serious one. Lasted for four years and 78 episodes. Bizarrely, this is the first-ever UK showing!

Boomtown
    The brilliant, but short-lived, LA crime series, detailing a criminal act from different perspectives, will get a complete re-run, although Season 1 will still not be shown in the widescreen format it needs.

NCIS (Navy Criminal Investigation Service)
    Season 2 of this fun crime/action drama, start in mid-January. Following the exploits of a team of CSI's working for the Navy. (Similar to JAG, both in terms of style and content, as well as being created by 80's TV producer Donald P Bellisario - see Airwolf, Quantum Leap, et al).

Post-January 2005!
    JAG - Season 9 will continue, and then go into Season 10.
    Carnivale - Season 2 will air, probably May 2005 (depending on how the US transmissions go).

The following also start in the New Year (various channels):
    24 - Season 4 (Sky 1 then Five)
    Enterprise - Season 4 (Sky 1 then E4/C4)
    Andromeda - Season 6 (Sky 1 then E4/C4)
    Nip/Tuck - Season 2 (Sky 1 then E4/C4)
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Season 5 (Five then Living TV)
    CSI: Miami - Season 3 (Five then Living TV)
    CSI: NY - Season 1 (Five)
    Third Watch - Season 6 (Channel 4 - late in 2005)
    The OC - Season 2 (E4/C4)
    One Tree Hill - Season 2 (E4/C4)
    Joey ("Friends" spin-off) - Season 1 probably airing March or April 2005 (Five)
    NYPD Blue - Season 10 (C4, probably around February/March 2005!)

Hope this info has peaked your interest! :clap:

Pooch

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,473
    Nip/Tuck and Viper for me!

3. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    viper was awsome i used to watch it while i was in portugal! Great fun loved the car. :thumbsup:

4. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andromeda season 6? We're only halfway with 5!

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
  6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi Gordon,

Sky are the likely purchasers of "Lost", although they are keeping it secret. As such, nothing has been officially confirmed. Also, I do know that if Sky get "Lost", then Channel 4 are likely to buy the terrestrial rights to it. (Five can't afford it, and already have a ton of other new shows in their line-up.) However, with C4's track record of US imports being so bloody awful, I'd be happier if they don't get it at all, and maybe BBC2 could take it! God knows, the BBC needs a decent US import right now, to replace "24" on Sunday evenings.

Pooch

7. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is FX289 still showing everything in 4:3? I watched a few shows on it when it first came out and got fed up of all the 16:9 shows they cut down to 4:3...dammit I paid for that extra screen area, I want to use it :rotfl:

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

FX289 does tend to show almost everything in 4:3. Very occasionally, you'll get something in 1.66:1 widescreen, but it's a pointless ratio for TV shows that have obviously been filmed in 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 widescreen (e.g. Carnivale, Boomtown, et al).

Oh, "Huff" is coming to FX289 in February 2005, directly after it finishes its run in the USA... just one week in fact! :clap: Another 13-episode comedy show. Looks good! Check out epguides.com for the details.

Pooch

9. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope there are some gardening programs where they pull up weeds and uneven patios and replace them with decking and water features. Also looking forward to any reality TV programs where third rate celebrities have to do unusual things to prove their (lack of) celebrity status. Also some reality show where people can sing different songs for weeks on end in order to become third rate celebrities.

Can we also import some shows from Fox that were not good enough to complete their series over there but are good enough for us. And finally, on some obscure satellite channel in an afternoon slot can you put an ex weather forcaster doing some meet-the-public-who-has something-almost-interesting-to-say program.

Julie

10. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why Julie, you appear to be in luck there...amazing :laugh: .

11. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    Nobody mentioned The Shield??? My favourite prog...ever...well, except for Around the World With Willy Fogg...

12. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Decadence,

Just for you, Five will have Season 4 in the late-Spring/early-Summer of 2005. FX289 will be repeating the first three seasons, back-to-back, starting in the New Year. However, they will be in 4:3, not the original Widescreen format!

Pooch

13. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    That'll do...I can't wait for the season 3 dvd (R1 in Feb I think)...I wonder what will happen in S4 after the way S3 ended...and will there be a S5 cos Michael Chiklis has almost hit the big time now that he has been cast as The Thing in the new Fantastic 4 movie?...

14. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

FX289 has another new show starting in January 2005! It's called "Reno 911!". From what I can determine, it's a spoof-comedy/action show, from Comedy Central - the channel behind "South Park" and "Son Of The Beach".

A full episode guide, is available here! !

Pooch

15. bom bom

bom bom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't Farscape Peacekeeper Wars air on Sky One in January? Followed by the terrestrial premiere on Channel 5 a few weeks later?

Out of all of the new season's tv I'm looking forward to seeing Farscape Peacekeeper Wars . I have been waiting nearly a year for this one! :thumbsup:

To have to be honest there is not an awful lot coming in this new TV season that I can't get excited about. I think this is going to be the worst TV season in about a decade or more! Third watch is months and months away; I liked NCIS but I didn't love it; has Las Vegas been cancelled? Because that's not on your list!

16. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

It's currently in it's second season in the US and has been bought by SKY1.

17. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    HI,

"Las Vegas" Season 2 is on Sky One, starting mid-January 2005.

"Navy NCIS" Season 2, will air on FX289 in January 2005 also.

"Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" will air on two Sunday nights, on Sky 1, in January 2005, with a probable (but not confirmed) repeat on Five later on. No dates for the Five airings have been confirmed yet.

Pooch