Jan Transfer Window facts / rumours.

thfccambs

Ex Member
Reaction score
Modric of to Utd for 40m£ seems to be hitting the papers.

Looks as if Chelsea will get Cahill from Bolton, who for me has looked very poor so far this season. 7m£ though is cheap.

thfccambs said:

Looks as if Chelsea will get Cahill from Bolton, who for me has looked very poor so far this season. 7m£ though is cheap.

Here we go again lol

Looks as if Chelsea will get Cahill from Bolton, who for me has looked very poor so far this season.

I agree with that Jeff, he has been poor this season - maybe the rumours in the summer has been affecting his form / confidence. Individually and collectively poor defence this season from Bolton - wonder how it will affect him should he get the move to Chelsea. Also thought he looked poor for England.

January is generally a quiet window but we should see some activity at Eastlands with obviously Tevez finding a new home (one that he likes, is near enough to his kids and has more than 2 restaraunts) and departures for Nedum Onouha (who I think will do a great job for someone) and Wayne Bridge - who probably won't.

Mario Gotze will be going nowhere this January or at the end of the season, unless Barca or Madrid come in for him. That is a guaranteed fact regardless of what paper or who says he will in the UK. Arsenal, Man Utd or whoever can go look elsewhere...

Same goes for Hummels. No chance.

Florent Malouda has said he want to play for PSG.
Seems to be a few very unhappy players at the chelsea now days.

according to local paper Nedum Onouha and Andy Johnson are high on kean's January shopping list

Florent Malouda has said he want to play for PSG.
Seems to be a few very unhappy players at the chelsea now days.

Fingers crossed PSG want him and we let him go, for a fortune. He's been pretty useless apart from a brief spell at the start of last year and a few months under Hiddink. Doesn't pass when he should and is way passed his best.

It's a good sign that some players are unhappy, too many prima donnas that have been guaranteed starting places for years. Let them sweat, if they don't like it they know where the door is.

Rumours that Samba will go to Spurs. Good move for Tottenham?

Can't really see Spurs letting one of their stars leave with current form and league position!

Billy Sharp to Fulham or other Premiership outfit.

Can't see it but Tiote leaving the Toon for a top prem club.

thfccambs said:

Luka won't be going anywhere in January, that's certain.
I doubt levy would entertain man utd anyway, after the berbatov debacle.
With hindsight, I think he regrets taking their grovelling offer of Campbell on loan in return for not reporting them to the FA.
I know I'm still angry at him for that.
Be interesting to see what no-hopers man utd would offer as sweeteners in an offer though.
Unless it's Rooney, or maybe Hernandez, they have no-one that would improve the spurs squad.

... and its nearly time for Sky Sports News and their countdown clock, reporters standing outside training grounds, talking to managers through car windows, prattling on about nothing, over and over .... and in the end very few people move.

But sure it keeps a few dozen people off the dole.

henry to arsenal on loan

Luka won't be going anywhere in January, that's certain.
I doubt levy would entertain man utd anyway, after the berbatov debacle.
With hindsight, I think he regrets taking their grovelling offer of Campbell on loan in return for not reporting them to the FA.
I know I'm still angry at him for that.
Be interesting to see what no-hopers man utd would offer as sweeteners in an offer though.
Unless it's Rooney, or maybe Hernandez, they have no-one that would improve the spurs squad.

Makes me laugh all this talk about what no hope players Utd would offer, who says this? It's certainly not Utd as the club doesn't talk about transfers to the press before they are done, so it must be the red tops, need I go on...

Also you say no players bar Rooney and Hernandez would not improve the spurs team, funny how those players finish above spurs in the league every season, I know the manger plays a part, Harry's not that bad is he? But come on!

Nik

Nik555 said:
Makes me laugh all this talk about what no hope players Utd would offer, who says this? It's certainly not Utd as the club doesn't talk about transfers to the press before they are done, so it must be the red tops
Also you say no players bar Rooney and Hernandez would not improve the spurs team, funny how those players finish above spurs in the league every season, I know the manger plays a part, Harry's not that bad is he? But come on!

Nik

Man utd consistently offer players in exchange for others. In the past it was always the likes of brown and o'shea. These days, probably the likes of Gibson.
And I'd bet a fair sum that if they wanted modric then carrick would be offered.
The reason you may finish above spurs this season is down to the fact you still do have one or two players better than spurs.
Specifically Rooney and vidic, maybe Hernandez on a good day.
None of the others are better than anyone spurs have.
And of course vidic is out.

Fee agreed by Bolton and Chelsea for Cahill. I'd prefer to keep Alex myself, also bet Bolton are gutted they could of had £16m a few months ago.

Also reports Chelsea may well meet the buy out clause for the Hulk, 84m£? Will they ever learn?

thfccambs said:
Fee agreed by Bolton and Chelsea for Cahill. I'd prefer to keep Alex myself, also bet Bolton are gutted they could of had £16m a few months ago.

Glad Cahill not coming to WHL.
Over-rated and over-priced.
No-one at spurs deserves to be dropped for him.

LFC
Darren bent :rolleyes:
Gaston Ramirez :)

I think Darren Bent gets a very bad press, scores goals everywhere he goes and I bet he would be dynamite in the right team.

Worth a punt IMO.

One of the greatest players ever to play in this League and that I have seen in the flesh is returning to my beloved club

:clap:

One of the greatest players ever to play in this League and that I have seen in the flesh

I was chatting about this over Xmas and Henry is the best player I have seen play live. He was unstoppable and we were 4-0 down after about 15 mins .... genuine, world class player. I wonder if he still has it?

I think Darren Bent gets a very bad press, scores goals everywhere he goes and I bet he would be dynamite in the right team.

Worth a punt IMO.

He aint going to be cheap though is he £20 odd mil surely there are better options out there for that price theres talk of Higuain being available and other strikers.

We are creating a hatful of chances in every game just cant finish, our chance conversion rate is the lowest in the league.
We have one of the highest if not the highest chance ratio, if we finished our chances say on par with united and citys ratio which is about 33% we would of scored 57 goals instead of the 21 we currently have.:rolleyes:
All relative of course but its glaringly obvious where we are lacking playing some good pass and move football but cant score for toffee.
With Suarez banned for tonights match we are now relying on Carroll, Suarez for all his craft is no goalscorer more a creator shame we never got to see him playing up front with torres.

I was chatting about this over Xmas and Henry is the best player I have seen play live. He was unstoppable and we were 4-0 down after about 15 mins .... genuine, world class player. I wonder if he still has it?

He was world Class and one of the few players admired by the Kop he always got a great reception just for being a world class player he has spoke about it many times, but i still have a little torch for Bergkamp that guy was amazing really amazing best player ive ever seen.

Worth a punt IMO.

...and tbf, Andy Carroll isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Bent to LFC then for £45m?

...and tbf, Andy Carroll isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Bent to LFC then for £45m?

and tbf,hasnt really been frist choice plus he is trying to adapt to a different brand of football from the lump it upfield to a pass and move.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom