1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamo Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pavlos, Jul 5, 2001.

1. pavlos

pavlos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just out of curiosity, are Jamo speakers so bad that nobody mention them, I have been on this this forum for over 6 months and nobody seems to tell anyhting about them, I mean nobody seems to recommend them.

Thanks in Advance

Pavlos

2. hjEx

hjEx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking exactly like you.
    I also tried in a great number of other forums and just a little reference here and there. www.audioreview.com has a consumer review of D 6PTX (also known as THX system two) and not much more.
    Despite that I was really interested in this package (it had a good rating in Homecinema Choice test and price was good) so I managed to find a dealer here in Portugal to try them.
    Package has 3 speakers D 6LCR and a pair of D 6 SUR and D 6SUB.
    Conclusions:
    I heard them connected to a certified THX Select receiver (Onkyo TX-DS787) and all I can say to you is that I love it.
    I ordered them with an extra D 6SUR pair for Surround EX and now I am just deciding to buy Onkyo TX-DS989 or DENON AVC-A1SE.
    D 6SUB is a monster. It can really shake your bones. I mean really shake.
    Its powerful but at the same time precise.
    D 6LCR sound (Front and Centre) is extremely clean and intelligible, and effects, music and specially voices are transmitted with extreme precision and power.
    Despite the 80 Hz low range and with subwoofer properly calibrated and aligned, overall bass is fabulous. (All parameters were in THX positions, crossovers and level).
    D 6SUR are very good dipoles. I have never heard dipoles (my previous speakers where direct radiating) and I must say that for movies the effects are much more involving and realistic.
    I never liked very localized sound from back… In real world sound from away and back do not just yell to your ears… you hear them and can tell if they are coming far close, from your right or your left but it is not so precise like sound in front of you (because you have other perception, your eyes also help you to understand concepts like depth and distance.).
    Situations like Gladiator in coliseum with all people shouting all around and at the same time all the action in the screen is simply amazing.
    In my opinion front to back or back to front pans are much more consistent that with direct radiating speakers.
    And I heard 5.1 version with 7.1 sound should be divinal.
    In conclusion, I think that if what you are looking for is cinema dedicated speakers this are the one, for the price and quality.
    The stage that they create is tremendous and fabulous.

Design: they are different that anything you have seen. You will love or hate it.
    Me, I think they are great: 15 cm deep and wall mounting is every thing I always wanted to my homecinema dedicated room.

Build quality is simply amazing and you have nothing less then 2 years warranty for electronics (power supply, amplifier, etc.) and 7 years warranty against other parts (cabinet, speaker units, etc.)

My Classification: 9/10
    My Advice: Buy´em

Cheers

3. mongo

mongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I EMAILED JAMO ABOUT MY SPEAKERS CORNET 75 ( 4YEAR OLD) AND THEY SAID THEY WERE FOR MUSIC ONLY BUT I HAD THEM IN MY MUSIC SYSTEM BUT THE THINGIS THEY SOUND BETTER AS A HOME CINE SPEAKER MY MUSIC SYSTEM HAS THE B&W 602 IN THEM AT MOMENT THE JAMS SOUND BETTER I USE A MXC TO MAKE THE SOUND FELD BETTER BUT I WANT THE CONCERT CENTER ( BUT NOT LISTENED TO IT YET) I MEAN IF MY SPEAKERS WERE SO BAD I WOUNLD HAVE CHANGED THEM BY NOW
    AND NO JAMO ARE GOOD HOME CINE MUSIC OR NOT
    DO NOT MISTAKE THEM FOR THE CONCERT 175 THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT SPEAKERS ( NO CROSS OVER NETWORKS ON THEM!!!!)

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I use the Jamo Concert Centre plus two 410 subs.
    All i can say about the Concert Centre is sweeet sweeet!. There are no down sides to this speaker. It gives masses of powerful bass without masking the mids and treble. In fact the vocals (mids) are so realistic the wife keeps asking was i calling her!. Its not overly bright but that doesn't mean its not totally clear. It encourages you to turn up the volume a tad as it sounds so controlled. I have no reservations recommending this speaker to anybody regardless of budget (high OR low!).
    As for the 410 subs. Well there a different issue all together. I had trouble setting them up at first as they give less "kick" bass than my previous sub. I soon realised that the bass is very low ie subsonic almost.
    After some tweaking the sound is scary!. The room shakes and so do your internal organs!. I ended up turning them down a notch as the windows where rattling. I have managed to find a sweet spot where the impact of the bass catches you out now and again but doesn't get tiring etc.

5. mongo

mongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I WAS GOING TO GET THE 410 SUB BUT WENT FOR THE SW320 INSTEAD TOP SUB BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE SUB ALSO HOW MUTCH DOES THE CNCERT CENTRE COST AND IS IT BETTER THAN THE TANNOY RC ALSO THE CONCERT CENTRE IS A 4 OHM SPEAKER I HAVE A E07 AMP WOT AMP DO YOU HAVE
    ????

GET BACK THANKS

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If you want the mathcing floor standing fronts for the Jamo, the Concert 11, we are doing an ex. demo pair, price around £1500, CALL TO CHECK.