• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jamo S708's do i need sub?

jtheg

Standard Member
Hi all my front speakers are a pair of Jamo S708 floorstanders.. I was looking into getting a subwoofer to finish my 5.1 setup.

The specs on the Jamo's state that they have a frequency response of 40 - 20000hz.

The sub i was looking at was a BK gemini II but the spec state that it goes down to 40hz to so would I really notice the sub in this setup?

Also for the same price as the gemini is a wharfedale diamond 10mx sub that states it goes to 35hz would this be any better....

jtheg

Standard Member
What do you think of the 2 subs i've listed? I can get them for the same price of 225 and that at top of my budget. But which one??

Last edited:

marty1

Find a sub that goes down to at least 20hz, it makes a HUGE difference believe me :smashin:

My old sub was good down to 32hz but when I changed over a whole new range of low frequency effects that were previously inaudible come alive.

BK or SVS do some great budget subs, but you can always track down a second hand sub in the classifieds section.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom