Jamo S 420 HCS 3 Speaker System - Can anyone recommend them?

demented_uk

Hello all,

I have just come back from Richer Sounds and had some interesting advice from one of the managers. I told him that I was interested in upgrading my Jamo A102 system and that I wanted floor standing front speakers. He advised that I purchase the Tannoy F3 Custom to replace the Jamo fronts and use the fronts for surround to create a 7.1 system. He also suggested that I purchase the Cambridge Audio S50 to replace the Jamo centre. I am currently using a Sony STRDG820 amp which I will eventually replace with an Onkyo 508 in the coming months.

I thought this was really good advice as he did not try to sell me seven new speakers. Can anyone confirm whether these speakers would work well with the Jamo A120 as surrounds?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

demented_uk

Can anyone offer any views on this please? I'm having the front room decorated and need to make a decision as soon as I can.

KUBBY

Unless you have particularly good hearing,having the Jamo as surrounds and rear speakers wont be an obvious Tonal mismatch.

I would be more mindful of such a mismatch between the Tannoy F3 and the CA Centre.You would be best advised to plump for a Tannoy Centre to match the F3,like this; TANNOY MERCURY FC CUSTOM CENTRE SPEAKER at hifix.co.uk which comes in at the same price as the CA.

I'm sure that there will be other F3 owners who will chip in. Similarly,a bit more searching around the net could find a cheaper price for this (Discontinued?)speaker.

Good luck,

K

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom