• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jamo or Tannoy?

newtothis

Standard Member
Getting the Onkyo 605 and need some speakers.

After reading the forums have narrowed it down to Jamo A102hcs5 or the Tannoy sfx5.1.

Listening to music and watching movies.:)

Any views appreciated as to which I should go for? Any other recommendations appreciated too.

Thanks

scottiefraser

Getting the Onkyo 605 and need some speakers.

After reading the forums have narrowed it down to Jamo A102hcs5 or the Tannoy sfx5.1.

Listening to music and watching movies.:)

Any views appreciated as to which I should go for? Any other recommendations appreciated too.

Thanks

Can thoroughly recommend Jamos mate. Haven't heard the tannoys so can't make a direct comparison but Jamos look and sound the business!

I am well happy (oh, and the missus!):thumbsup:

newtothis

Standard Member
Thanks very much - must admit am leaning more towards them.

Have you got them on stands? If you have can you recommend some (black)?

Also did you connect the speakers with the cable supplied or should I buy something better at the time of purchase?

Thanks for your help

thesaint24

i have tannoys and i am extreemly happy with them. The standard cable should be fine unless you feel like there are issues with the connection, then u should decide if you buy better cable.

scottiefraser

Thanks very much - must admit am leaning more towards them.

Have you got them on stands? If you have can you recommend some (black)?

Also did you connect the speakers with the cable supplied or should I buy something better at the time of purchase?

Thanks for your help

Hi mate, the cable (if you mean the fisual flat from Audiovisual) is fine and 15 metres is ususally about OK for most rooms!

The speaker pack itself only comes with one cable and its for the Sub and is good enough IMHO to get you started.

I have got speaker stands but they are silver from Play.com the Sona ones for £17.99 for the pair. They go well with the TV and stand as I didn't want too much black and the bottom of my TV and pedestal is silver. I am changing them though to 2 of the Alphason ones on special from stand and deliver. They have a good range if you want to have a look:

http://www.standanddeliver.com/

Andywilliams

I have the jamos iam listening to them right now (kill bill2) they are one of the best small (tiny) speakers i have heard at this price point it is the lack of harshness that makes them sound so good even when turned to high volumes.
Andy.

PaulyG

Standard Member
I was in this predicament a week ago and was considering both of those packages until i stumbled upon the powerbuy thread for the canton speakers. I have ordered the movie cd102 to pair with the onkyo 605 av amp. May be worth having a look, of the 2 you have listed i would go for the jamo setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom