Jamo One THX thoughts?

LuvCVs

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone has had or have these speakers?

I used to have the Jamo D7 setup (only 1 D7 sub instead of 2) and they were amaxmzing.

I do know that these would not be as good, but how close are they to the D7 package?

Moreover, the 2 THX One subs I know are passive, so would I only need a stereo DJ style power amp to power them up? Using a single sub cable (or dual stereo) from the AV amp to the input on the power amp?

Just thought of these as can pick them up for £400 including the subs, rears centre etc etc

Any advise would be great.

LuvCVs

Cool. But I'm still left with what to power the subs... A dedicated power amp? But don't you have to get the pre to use it? Or integrated, never done this before.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Cool. But I'm still left with what to power the subs... A dedicated power amp? But don't you have to get the pre to use it? Or integrated, never done this before.

Use a pro amp they have front panel volume and high power output

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Like, a DJ power pro amp? The company Crown do some good power amps, if not, just stereo power amps?

If you want a 300w+ hifi stereo power amp it's going to cost ALOT.

LuvCVs

I'm to fussy lol but, the signal coming out my AVR that would go to the Crown, or something similar, is that just a signal? Or is it under 35hz? Thus, whatever amp I use, try to get it's specs for speaker frequency as low as I can? So when that signal arrives at the subs input it'll be low end. Or does it not matter at all?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Yeah, cheapest one so far is £345 2x 100w just saw a Crown power amp 250w 4ohm £110

Yeah pro amps.

If that was hifi range of amp add a zero to that and you're in that ballpark (class ab)

Unless you look at digital amps. I think hypex do 500w modules

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom