1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jamo dvr50 to sky+ with optical cable

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MAR, Nov 5, 2004.

1. MAR

MAR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When watching movies on sky with DD there are sometimes sound dropouts{not on dvd's, so it's not speakers etc},and the same on normal tv programs.At present I am using an optical cable approx £20 worth,would a better cable solve the problem.Please advise if you can,thanks.

2. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    in my limited experience MAR you could try another link for the sound but to be honest i have the same optical link and altho dont seem to have the same extent of problem as you do i do have it !!
    i think imho the problem maybe sky not your link as i get all sorts of erratic behaviour from sky+ whatever links cables do dahs i use i think sky just have in built glitches with getting both picture and sound to your screen by whatever means .
    a mate of mine whos a sky engineer has told me that alsorts of things affect the sky signal from weather to little green people from different planets to baking your cakes with the wrong flour !!!! lol
    i just live with it as , as youve said DVD on our system is very very good so its not your kit its sky .
    i maybe wrong cos as ive been told on countless occasions by the missus im invariably wrong !!!!

3. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    ps MAR
    we never had all those problems when all out gear was coal fired
    and instructions in latin !!
    Bring back the mangle thats what i say !!!

4. MAR

MAR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the reply,I got a profigold optical cable and it seems to have solved the problem,but I agree about sky,there's probally some glitch somewhere.
    ps.and as for the mangle,I reckon I could use that easier than the washing m/c.