Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Jamo DVR50 - Playing MP3 CDs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nano2nd, Dec 19, 2003.

1. nano2nd

nano2nd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got one of these players and generally am pleased with it. However, on niggle I have is around the MP3 capability.

When you load a disk containing several "folders", each one containing tracks, the disk doesn't play and you have to switch on the TV, navigate the folders, choosing and entering one, then press PLAY.

Does anyone know if there is a way to navigate the folders/tracks using just the remote and built in display on the player?

Do you think this is something that Jamo could fix in a later firmware upgrade? Any Jamo engineers reading this forum??

Cheers

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    The Jamo is basically a variation on the Kiss DP-470. If you want to find out about firmware updates try here;

http://www.gooddvdstuff.com/kissdvd/index.php

I think what normally happens is Kiss releases a new firmware, Jamo then check it out and if its good Jamo puts it on their website. Theres probably a few weeks delay between the Kiss release and the Jamo release of the same firmware. There are differences between the models though as I think the Kiss DP-470 has only dolby digital where as the Jamo has DTS and Prologic II as well. Mind you I'm not sure if the Kiss DP-4470 was ever released it may have been simply been the prototype to Kiss selling the design to Jamo. Both companies are danish.