Jamo DVR50 and Latest Firmware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Malal, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Malal

Malal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed the latest firmware for the Jamo DVR-50 whihc is version 2.8.6 now whenever I try to watch a DVD it says Invalid Region.

I have tried Region 1 DVD's and Region 2 in it with no joy but DVD's without any region encoding seem to work fine.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it.

Does anyone know of an official Jamo msg board or site for technical problems with bios updates?

Many Thanks

Malal

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Had exactly the same problem. Chekced on the hidden menu and the region had now been locked to region 2 and it was not accessible.

Only resolution I could find was to reload the previous versions of the firmware to make it back to mulitregion!!

3. paul155

paul155
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem when I updated mine. However, then I found the following thread on this forum:

On the thread it refers to Jamo and Kiss firmware. I downloaded the Kiss firmware (the Jamo player has Kiss internals) and burned a disk with it on (same way as you did with the Jamo firmware).

After crossing my fingers and putting the disk into the player, it took about 10 secs, then after turning off and on - obtained access back to the player.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110014&highlight=jamo

Oh and it is still working....