1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamo DVR50 and analog sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by honeydew, Dec 16, 2003.

1. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

After finally receiving my Jamo system I am mighty impressed watching the Two Towers on DVD :)

However, I am experiencing some sound problems using Analog phono cables. I am trying to play my Freeview box through the Jamo but am not getting any sound at all. Even trying cables attached to my TV I still receive no sound at all. I have tried different cables and tried both the TV, AUX and Video connections. My XBOX plays fine through the Digital Optical connection and the DVD is OK.

Unless this box is faulty, I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas why this is not playing sound on an analog connection?

Much appreciated for any help
    reKall

2. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Have you checked to see if there is a volume control on your freeview remote. Maybe its at minimum.

Jamo have released a recent firmware upgrade to allow access to the progressive scan menu. This also fixes some other bugs. (CD's playing with no sound).
    Possibly this might be the answer.
    Talk to your dealer.

3. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Volume OK on freeview and I am already running 2.7.6 the latest version :(

4. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have you tried the settings in the setup menu? There's something in there about selecting what input you use.

5. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have set the TV and AUX input both to Analog. I did receive some static last night when some voices but it was inaudible. It then went again...

6. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I cannot get it to work so after waiting for over a month for unbeatble to deliver it, i am having to send it back as faulty. not a happy bunny as no doubt i will have to wait another 4 weeks or so for a replacement...

7. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got mine from Unbeatable a couple of days ago, I only had to wait 3 weeks tho!

I'm not really sure about your problem then.
    How meny mains leads did you get in the box? I only had one, so I had to hunt around for another!

I've got a problem on mine that when you FF or RW a VCD / DiVX cd it locks up and you have to turn it off and on again. So I'm gonna phone up later I think.
    Also the multi-region hack doesn't work!
    Using firmware v2.7.6
    Apart from that I'm really pleased with it.

Chris

8. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    must admit never got around to trying divx films. mine was also 2.7.6 out of the box.

have you tried feeding another product through the phono connectors? i simply cannot get it to work period with my tv, sat or freeview boxes!

9. ching

ching

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just tried connecting a laptop to the AUX analog inputs. I had to change the AUX setting in the menu from SCART to analog. I then selected the AUX inputs by pressing the video button on the remote twice. Worked fine, though it defaulted to pl2movie sound mode.

10. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I sent it back and bought another from a shop...and all is fine. Must of been a dud. Thanks for the advice...Jamo must of missed this one in the QA checks :(