Jamo DVR 50 DVD Receiver

P

poppa fred

Hi there,

I'm moving into a new flat with my girlfriend in a few weeks and we're getting a Plasma Screen to stick on the wall (either a Panasonic or Pioneer I'm thinking).

I want to get an all in one HT system to go with it and I've heard that the Jamo DVR 50 DVD Receiver is the best one to go for at the moment.

Is this correct?

Any recommendations for a 37" - 42" plasma?

Any recommendations for an all-in-one HT system for under £400?

Any help much appreciated,

Fred

im ordering a new pioneer plasma or pany very soon and will be ordering the jamo dvr50 due to the progressive features and component out (and seperates will be outta price range when paying a few K for a screen :D ) . have seen a demo of the AIO on a CRT of it looks and sounds FAB :thumbsup: check some pdf reviews from the "official forums of.." drop down box at the top left !

dont think its under £400 for the entire AIO

1st speaker option and is £480
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_16802.html

2nd speaker option same price as above
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_15916.html

hope this helps

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/fra...e.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=3663[/url]

also not that it says multi region but you will have to d/l and burn software from the jamo site to get it to play all discs or get your retailer to send you the disk with your system ( contact retailer before purchase to aquire this )

its a gr8 system :hiya: go have fun

i have the dvr50 and it rocks
jamo are bringing out firmware every month or so with new features (extra fast forward modes for divx movies for instance)

i run it with the a305pdd speaker set (combined with the dvr50 it's £500 from hifibitz) and it's the best hifi system i've heard (my friends and family have a mulitude of systems including sony and jvc systems that cost around the same money)

Also give the pioneer dc313 system

no component out, but its a considerable piece of kit :)

as i sed above i'll be getting a jamo system and have a DCs 303 system at the moment and yes it is a very good peice of kit the 303 or 313 dosnt do compnent out or Progressive scan PAL or NTSC like the jamo does. going that he is getting a plasma the only way to go 4 an AIO is the jamo system :lesson:

Yeah - pity that - solid performer! :D

the 303 is much the same except the newer model (the 313) has an RGB scart socket.

I don't think you'll go wrong with the jamo one, their speakers always sound good in my experience :)

Sorry one more stupid question. Can I buy the Jamo AIO and then speakers from another manufacturer, say Sony or Panasonic?

well yes its possible to do that with any AIO but never ever reccomended ! best just to stick with the jamo speakers and by the way if u go to the sites there are 3 or 4 varieties of speaker options u can get and they look and sound great :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom