Jamo DVR-50 Discontinued ????????

Rampage

Novice Member
Phoned Unbeatable yesterday to arrange to return my faulty DVR-50 and they said that it had been discontinued so my only option was to get my money back!

Does anyone know if this is true?

I really wanted a replacement the same, but looks like I will have to get something else! Can anyone recomend anything as good for the same price?

Thanks,
Chris

Bigmonty69

If you cans tump up a few extra quid look at Av-Sales for the Jamo.

I bought mine from them and recommend them.

H

hartge bob

I was returning my DVR50 to JL for a replacement due to a noisy internal fan.

Was to pick up the replacement this weekend, just been phoned by JL and told that they have just been instructed by head office to take the DVR50 from the shelves.

I am now getting a refund instead.

Pity as apart from the noisy fan, the unit was excellent, but I don't want to source from elsewhere if they are having problems that requires all the stock to be pulled.

Stinja

Originally posted by hartge bob
... if they are having problems that requires all the stock to be pulled.
Pretty strange. You'd think if it was a serious problem, like catching on fire or something, they would contact us and withdraw them properly?

Maybe Jamo have just reaslied they can make more money selling speakers, and the developement costs for a DVD player werent worthwhile.

Rampage

Novice Member
But surely they'd have to carry on selling them to recover the developement costs?

I hadn't thought it could be something as serious as them catching fire! Always thought it was just because of a few bugs!

Wonder if they'll make anymore firmware updates for them.

If I remember (nto very likely) I'll ring Jamo tonight and find out for sure.

Rampage

Novice Member
I think they did quite a bit of work on it! Designed a new front end, new menu system, prog-scan, much better sound than a Kiss unit etc. I know what you mean tho, it wouldn't have cost anywhere near as much to develope as a brand new machine!

Chris.

Bigmonty69

Just got this e-mail in from Jamo.

Dear Mr Saunders,

The rumours you heard are NOT true. The DVR50 is a huge success and there are not plans to discontinue it.

Best regards,

Jesper Uggerhoj
Market Manager
-------------------------------------

Jamo UK Limited
Sales Office
4 Lenton Rise
Richmond
Surrey
TW9 2TP
United Kingdom

Tel.: +44 (0) 1788 573 100
Tel. dir.: +44 (0) 2082 557 148
Fax: +44 (0) 1788 570 111
Fax dir.:+44 (0) 2084 042 903
Mobile: +44 (0) 7966 669 404
E-mail: [email protected]
www.jamo.com
www.onkyo.net
www.integra-research.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamo U.K. Limited
Registration number: 02362114
Registered Office: 9 New Street, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 4BT, United Kingdom

Jamo UK Limited conducts its general business activities on terms and conditions that are set out in the document
"General Terms and Conditions of Sale". This may be viewed on our website http://www.jamo.com/contact/uk

This message and any attachments are confidential. If you have received this message in error please delete it from your system. If you require any assistance please notify
the sender. Thank you.