1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jamo dvr-50&a305 htp or Marantz sr440+marantz dv4300+Tannoy FX5.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by kyzer, Feb 25, 2004.

1. kyzer

kyzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anybody help?
    I have just went out and got me a panasonic 42' plasma.So now i want to upgrade my panasonic SA-TH 70.I am looking at the Jamo DVR-50 & A305 home theatre package or the combo of a Marantz SR44000+Marantz DV 4300 + Tannoy FX 5.1.Does anybody have this combo?Will the Tannoy's sound good for music as well as movies?Or are any other packages i should be looking at?The DVD must have progressive scan and be multi-region.My budget is around £650.Any feedback would be a great help..

Thank You

Kyzer:confused:

2. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have your suggested amp but I do have the Tannoy FX 5.1 speakers, which, for around £165 to £180 price are amazing value. Having listened in the past to B&W, AE3B and other £1000 plus packages all I can say is don't waste your money on the more expensive products. The extra price IMHO does not provide vastly superior sound. I have watched 3 DVDs now (recently went from floorstanding speakers to save space) and have been totally immersed in the utterly convincing 'sound stage'. Each time I switch this system off I can't help but smile and think I can't believe the amount of 'bang for bucks' that I am getting from these speakers.:zonked:

Cheap as chips with a '£1000' sound. :smoke:

PS I do not work for Tannoy!!!:D

3. kyzer

kyzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Pete.We like cheap as chips.What system are you operating with these speakers?Just out of curiosity.

Once again Thanks for you time

Kyzer

4. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony strdb930. The sound I am getting from this 'old' amp plus the Tannoys have left me absolutely satisfied and zero, nilch, nada, no desire to upgrade.:)

5. kyzer

kyzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great Pete.Thats settled it Tannoy's for this dude.The cheapest i saw them was £199.95.any idea where i can get them for less?

Thanks

Kyzer

6. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a brand new set (in black) from DigitalDirect for £165, there was then £15 delivery charge and a 4 working day wait. They come with wall brackets and cable. I didn't use the thin cable they provide as I had lots of 'decent, thick' speaker cable...

Cheers Pete..

PS You will be amazed with these speakers!:smashin:

7. kyzer

kyzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pete. I will let you how i get on with these cool speakers

Cheers mate

Kyzer

8. derby_red