Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Jamo - Does anyone have any info on their take-over?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paul155, Jun 26, 2005.

1. paul155

paul155
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Jamo DVR-50 surround sound DVD player and every so often go to their web site as Jamo provide regular firmware updates for the player. I tried this today and couldn't get onto the website. I then found the following in a HiddenWires.co.uk news document:

AWE Europe Withdraws from CI Distribution of Jamo Products (19/5/2005)

Following the recent acquisition of Jamo A/S by Klipsch, and the subsequent closure of Jamo UK, AWE has announced its withdrawal from the official distribution of Jamo products into the UK custom installation sector

Has anyone got any info on the closure of Jamo UK? :confused:

2. KS Rai

KS Rai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Paul

The distribution arrangements for Jamo consumer products in the UK have changed. The brand is now handled by BBG Distribution Ltd, based in Watford. The Jamo websites - both .co.uk and .com - are fully functional and will carry software updates for the DVR 50 as normal.

The announcement by AWE relates only to Jamo Custom Install equipment - an official announcement regarding the new UK distribution arrangements for Jamo CI equipment will be made in the near future.

BR
    Rai