1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jamo d6 pex thx 7.1 denon avca1 amplifier 5.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by 2bfgm, Jul 29, 2005.

1. 2bfgm

2bfgm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I am quite new to this forum so bear with me.
    I have just bought the jamo speakers D6 pex 7.1 thx and my amplifier is for the moment the Denon AVCA1 THX.
    I have a question for all of you Home teather fan :lease: , will my denon will be up the task of driving those 85 db 4 homns speakers I do know that my amp is not new but it has followed me since I bought it, in England, Scotland, Ireland, France and now in Martinique FWI, so I do like it even if I know I should upgrade it at some time,!!!
    So I am waiting for your input as all of them will be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your answers...!!!

2bfgm

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Your Denon amp will drive the Jamo speakers easily and don't fall into the trap of believing that because the amp is a few years old that it is no good as I still use a Denon AVC10SE and can't think of any reason to change it.

3. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    ... and that's a nice set of speakers... i like!

4. 2bfgm

2bfgm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your answer it is quite a relieve :) :clap: my dealer over here in Martinique is keen on to selling me a new amplifier :eek: but as I am currently building my home theater room I need all the available cash as this not a easy task. :oops:
    I am planning on buying toward the end of this year the Sherbourn amplifier rated at a 7*200 watts :eek: per channel as my speakers tend to be quite demanding in power.
    Would you have any inputs on that particular item,? as it is not easy to find over here the parts that I am looking for or at some prices really over Me...!!
    Thank you for your inputs
    2fgbm