1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamo A510 any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by BigAde, Nov 22, 2002.

1. BigAde

BigAde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm thinking of trying the Jamo A510 as a centre speaker, but I'm a little nervous about trying this since I can't find anyone else who's used/reviewed this speaker or even a shop that sells/can demo it. My only choice would be to buy it unseen/untested by mail-order. I know their A500 system got a slating recently from Home Cinema Choice, but is the more expensive A510 any better?

http://www.jamo.co.uk/consumer/products/products.php3?id=A+510

I guess the only reason I'm considering it really is that it's reasonably flat and wall-mountable, so has a high WAF :rolleyes: I can spend up to £300 on a centre, but I MUST be able to wall-mount it and it should be reasonably discrete. Was looking at the B&W VM1 and also the Mission M7C at around £100. Don't particularly like the look of the Gallos. Any other suggestions would be VERY gratefully received!

:) :) :)

2. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What amp have you got? This speaker can only be driven at 60watts for long periods.

3. BigAde

BigAde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It's a Yamaha DSP-E492... but hoping to upgrade that to a DSP-E800 when I can find one at the right price...