Jamo A102 Wall Mount Question

Hooky

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm looking at the Jamo A102 and I've got a couple of questions if someone can answer?

1. Are the terminals on the speakers normal terminals (bare wire) (not banana plugs like the Soundware XS system).

2. The brackets that come with the package, can they tilt up/down and left/right? The manual on the website only appears to show them moving left and right which wouldn't be any good for me as I want them in the corners of the room pointing downwards.

3. If the brackets that come dont move up and down do the speakers have a standard fitting screw hole on the back where you can fit any third party brackets?

Thanks

The terminals on the back of the speakers are a spring loaded type, so will take bare wire.

The brackets will only swivel, not tilt unfortunately. However, the centre bracket with tilt but not swivel .

The left and right brackets slot into the back of the speaker.

The terminals on the back of the speakers are a spring loaded type, so will take bare wire.

The brackets will only swivel, not tilt unfortunately. However, the centre bracket with tilt but not swivel .

The left and right brackets slot into the back of the speaker.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the speakers have the universal screw hole on the back for using third party brackets at all?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the speakers have the universal screw hole on the back for using third party brackets at all?

Thanks

Yes they do Hooky. Just setting mine up as we speak and they screw right onto the universal brackets I had in place to hold my old Pioneer sets.

Yes they do Hooky. Just setting mine up as we speak and they screw right onto the universal brackets I had in place to hold my old Pioneer sets.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear :)

Funny how I've been waiting for Jamo customer service to contact me for almost a week with these questions and I get answers in two days on AV forums.

I hope I don't have any issues with the speakers I buy as by the looks of it Jamo are crap at customer service.

This has made up my mind though. Will be buying these for sure :)

Thanks all.

Just a word of warning though Hooky. The mounting thread is on the base of the speaker. The only other way I can see of doing it vertically is to screw the universal bracket onto the standard brackets supplied with the speaker.

Just a word of warning though Hooky. The mounting thread is on the base of the speaker. The only other way I can see of doing it vertically is to screw the universal bracket onto the standard brackets supplied with the speaker.

Ahh thanks for the info. I've bought my speakers today. Lucky for me I noticed that I was buying a HCS 5 but on the Jamo site they have a HCS 5 and 6. After looking into it I noticed the 6 has a better sub. After some more internet searching I found the HCS 6 at the same price of the HCS 5 :) And with the 6 the sub comes in white like the speakers.

Ordered today so hopefully it comes soon. I cant wait to put them up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom