• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jamo A102 HCS5 Problems with the subwoofer

M

MrRJones

I've had a system with a Jamo A102 HCS5 speakerset and an old Yamaha 620 reciever up an running since december the 31th. The sub is connected with an rca cable.

I was quite pleased with the sound over all, although the reciever is getting quite a bit outdated..

However, the subwoofer (model is S200 I think) stopped working today. The blue led on the sub is lit, but noting else happens when it's turned on, no sound at all. The problem isn't my subwoofer output on the reciever, as it works with another subwoofer I got.

Watched some movies yesterday with fairly high sound levels, but noting extraordinary. The subwoofer has been on most of the time since I got the system installed.

Has this happened to any other Jamo A102 users and what could be the problem?

Luckily I've got a full no questions asked 3 year guarantee so that should fix it. Still rather worrying if it will continue to brake down after 6 days..!

Andywilliams

Established Member
Ive had my jamo setup for quite some time now and no problems with the sub just make sure the crossover is set at full 150hz and the gain (volume) is turned to half way then run a test tone from the receiver if you get no noise from the sub and youve tried another sub that works ok it would seem it is faulty.
Andy.

D

Deleted member 30535

Very occasionally my SVS sub does the same. It started when I re-arranged my power supplies with using these Intelliplug power saving devices. It appears that the order of switch on is particularly sensitive for the sub. So all I do is disconnect the sub from the mains altogether, disconnect the phono cable, re-connect phono cable, reconnect mains and switch on. Voila, all back to normal.

M

MrRJones

I got the subwoofer replaced today. They had an unused demo ex that I could have straight away.

The new one works, and will hopefully work for a long time :)

Thank you for your replies and suggestions regarding the problem!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom