James Bond tin - without movies..

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
surely this is taking the mickey. These are now selling on Ebay for around £30-£60. Are people that desperate for a tin.:D

I cant complain cos I got one for nothing from a mate who owns a DVD shop opposite us.;)

It's ok tho steve, suppose its nice for collectors, but when the next Bond comes out and the next and so on, were they gonna go! Bit silly really if you ask me.

Groundy,

I just visited the website shown, and I have to say, the cases look amazing. One question, however: what are they made of? Plastic, wood, metal, cardboard, or what?

I can't see anything on the site, that actually states what they are made of, and the price leads me to think that they may look gorgeous, but aren't too sturdy. Maybe you can confirm or deny this for me, please?

Thanks, in advance,

Pooch

Groundy,

How old is this guy?

I clicked your link and on the opening page it says:

Hello everyone.

It will be my birthday tomorrow (4th)

How can he make those cases so well when he's only 4 years old? :confused:

Pooch:

On the contrary, the cases are extremely sturdy. Thetop and bottom is made of polished aluminum, the sides are made of plastic - about 3-4mm thick. The plastic is covered with a thin sheet of laser engraved metal that makes up the pictures. You would never know it was plastic though as the whole thing looks and feels metallic.

The guy is very nice to deal with but only makes orders when asked, i.e., doesn't hold much stock. You might have to wait two or three weeks for delivery. I got the Die Hard and Alien cases and had them with two weeks. Payment via PayPal.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Groundy,
How can he make those cases so well when he's only 4 years old? :confused:

:D

Beats me Squirrel - efficient service for a kid ;).

I would say they are like a laminated carboard, like the boxsets we buy. like you said Pooch, they look amazing.

Originally posted by groundy
Pooch:

On the contrary, the cases are extremely sturdy. Thetop and bottom is made of polished aluminum, the sides are made of plastic - about 3-4mm thick. The plastic is covered with a thin sheet of laser engraved metal that makes up the pictures. You would never know it was plastic though as the whole thing looks and feels metallic.

The guy is very nice to deal with but only makes orders when asked, i.e., doesn't hold much stock. You might have to wait two or three weeks for delivery. I got the Die Hard and Alien cases and had them with two weeks. Payment via PayPal.

Dam, to slow.:rolleyes:

When i started my reply, Pooch's post was the last post! and you and Squirrel jumped in. I can't believe it took me that long to type that bit.:D Suppose it takes me longer trying to spell.:D :p

Originally posted by Lex
I have posted a link to this guy before - I read somewhere that he was being sued for copyright infringement! :mad: :rolleyes:
Don't worry Lex. He can't be sued! He's only 4 years old :)

Originally posted by Lex
I have posted a link to this guy before....

Indeed Lex - it was you who originally brought him to my attention - did I forget to mention this? :blush: ;).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom