1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Bond Special Editions?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by BigEvilJimmy, Feb 11, 2005.

1. BigEvilJimmy

BigEvilJimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hi guys dose anyone have any news on the rumord two disc special editions of the james bond films, i heard a rumor ages ago and wonder if anyone has got any in information on them? cheers :smashin:

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi BEJ,

I know "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" has just recently been passed by the BBFC, for a Special Edition release by MGM films, for DVD in the UK. I'm pretty certain that because the release will have new extras, new audio commentaries etc, this is going to be the first release of a set of two-disc Bond films.

I presume the reason they aren't being released in chronological order, (e.g. "Dr No" first, through to "Die Another Day"), is due to obtaining extras, recording audio commentaries, amongst othe reasons, as well as making MGM plenty of money. (I'm guessing that a two-disc release of "Octopussy" is going to sell far-less than a two-disc release of "GoldenEye", hence they are starting with some of the more popular Bond movies that deserve two-disc releases.)

Pooch

3. danjaq

danjaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well, that is great news! I have the boxset and had heard that 2-disc SEs were on the cards, but i was struggling to find any info on it...guess I could have tried harder!

If you have any news PoochJD, I'd appreciate knowing more - or at least where online to keep an eye-out. Ta.

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Always wondered why the original DVD release of OHMSS had a mono soundtrack, as the VHS release I had of the title had a Dolby Surround track.

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Just found this on the MI6 site: