James Bond - Complete Special Edition 19-Disc Box Set

Thats a great price and I must admit to feeling tempted as I dont own any Bond films.

Having said that, I take one look at Roger Moore in A View to a Kill and I think I will save my money:p

I've resisted so far, but the temptation grows.....

According to DVD Web the RRP is £299.99???
Unbelievable price at MVC.
Also, Blackstar say that this item is already deleted in the UK?
The Video Hunt price......wait for this.........
£559.80 ???????????????????

Even second hands the disks typically fetch an average of £12 each...

Do the math...

Regards

yea but who would want those later Roger Moore ones like Octopussy and the Tim Dalton ones?!
I think I'll select a few from the Sean Connery selection and leave it at that. Although I agree the price on the box set at play is amazing.

Originally posted by James45
yea but who would want those later Roger Moore ones like Octopussy and the Tim Dalton ones?!
I'll agree the later moore films were not good but Daltons films were generally good. he was great as a bond and brought the character back to a more 'manly' role, a great change after Moore's innuendo-laden Carry-On-esque films (some were still good but not Spy'action films).

Licence to Kill was marred by a bad script but The Living Daylights was far better then Brosnans first in GoldenEye (waaaay to PC for my liking).

Play has the individual Spec Ed discs for pre-order with a Buy Bond Get Bond Free offer. I picked six films up for just £50 (£8.50 a disc)!!!

Went for; From Russia With Love (the best Bond film ever), Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Hi,

I'd love to get the set, but some of the later Bond films have been censored. As such, does anyone know if there will be a similar release of all the Bond films (possibly to include "Die Another Day"), on Region 1 or Region 4, without ANY censorship, but the same high quality extras?!

Pooch

OOHH!! TEMPTATION - oh yeah forgot I`m broke :(

"Ain`t that the truth",and put the SVS sub into the equation :(

Anyone know if the boxset has a space for the new 20th disk?

Regards

Originally posted by Desticado
Anyone know if the boxset has a space for the new 20th disk?

Regards

And spoil the opprotunity for another release? Dunno, was kinda wondering that too...

Just a quick thought. Is the play one the same version as would be available in the uk? Just thinking back to canadian R1 vs US R1...

Cheers.

I think there are only at most a couple of R2 disks that are edited/cut so will probably (when I pluck up the courage) go for the R2 box and then replace the cut movies for the R1 disks.

Regards

Play do have a few of the James Bond Special Editions available for pre-order. Have a look at the Coming Soon section HERE

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered it :) Here's the reply I got from Play for my question:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the James Bond Box Set. In response to your questions,
it is a UK edition but it is a new release so it may not be exactly the same (as in it's design, but the content is the same) as the one you see on the high street. It would only be slightly different if at all. As far as we can see they have left no room for any additional dvds in the box.

Can't wait for 4th Nov now :) I have no idea if I've ever even SEEN all the Bond films!

I suppose you can always use Moonraker and Diamonds are Forever as coasters!!:D :D Seriously though enjoy the box set is great value.

Hey! I like Moonraker :p Being that I bought Alien box set about 18 months ago and I still havn't watched them all, I wonder how many years till I finish this box?

I knew I was behind in my movie watching when I realised I had half a dozen shrink wrapped DVD's on my 'to watch shelf' that had been there over three months...

Originally posted by James45
I suppose you can always use Moonraker and Diamonds are Forever as coasters!!:D :D

How could you say that mate - Diamonds Are Forever had Bambi & Thumper in it ;).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom