James Bond Collection boxset pre-order £69.29!

big boss

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've never really bothered about bonus discs & other extras. I'll check it out however.

When did we start including cashback in these prices? The cashback is not a certainty, it's a bonus. The price is £76.47.

I wonder if anyone else has had the same issue as I've had - that it takes the discount off, but the transaction fails - either there is a problem with the card (there isn't!) or the 'verified by Visa' fails....?
Because it's one discount per customer, it then won't apply it a second time.
This happened again when I reregistered
grrrrr.....

When did we start including cashback in these prices? The cashback is not a certainty, it's a bonus. The price is £76.47.

I already received a confirmation within an hour of purchase that my transaction has been tracked, & I'll get £7.20 cashback. Besides, I've bought blu rays from Tesco Entertainment numerous times before, & have got the cashback every single time. :smashin:

I wonder if anyone else has had the same issue as I've had - that it takes the discount off, but the transaction fails - either there is a problem with the card (there isn't!) or the 'verified by Visa' fails....?
grrrrr.....

This is exactly what happened to me as well. I called Tesco customer service who advised me to buy it at full price & then contact them back with the order number. They then refunded me the 15% back into my card. Call them to confirm this first. :thumbsup:

I already received a confirmation within an hour of purchase that my transaction has been tracked, & I'll get £7.20 cashback. Besides, I've bought blu rays from Tesco Entertainment numerous times before, & have got the cashback every single time. :smashin:

But you are including in the price a specific amount of cashback which isn't guaranteed, cashback rates can vary through the many cashback sites and not everyone uses cashback sites.

Last edited:
This is exactly what happened to me as well. I called Tesco customer service who advised me to buy it at full price & then contact them back with the order number. They then refunded me the 15% back into my card. Call them to confirm this first. :thumbsup:

Thanks - was yours a pre-order, though? (I'm after the Bond set) - I'm guessing they can't refund from a pre-order as they don't charge until dispatch....?!?

Most strange - thought I'd try again, just for luck, and this time it worked!
I do not understand.....

Thanks - was yours a pre-order, though? (I'm after the Bond set) - I'm guessing they can't refund from a pre-order as they don't charge until dispatch....?!?

I ordered the James Bond collection as well, & they refunded me the 15%. I'll keep an eye over my credit card statement over the next few days to confirm this.

But you are including in the price a specific amount of cashback which isn't guaranteed, cashback rates can vary through the many cashback sites and not everyone uses cashback sites.

I don't understand you post. I received a confirmation of the amount of cashback I will receive, & in the past, Tesco has always given me the cashback of the stated amount. Have I not clearly mentioned the need to go through cashback sites like Quidco if you want the item at that price? I went though Quidco which offers 8% cashback. I think topcashback offers 8.08%.

Last edited:
Most strange - thought I'd try again, just for luck, and this time it worked!
I do not understand.....

You're right! It's working for me as well now! :rolleyes:

The cashback is guaranteed though. The rate is also guaranteed for the time that the order is made. The only way it can fail is if the company goes bust, which with Tesco I don't see happening. Quidco rules basically.

The cashback is guaranteed though. The rate is also guaranteed for the time that the order is made. The only way it can fail is if the company goes bust, which with Tesco I don't see happening. Quidco rules basically.

Exactly.

grrrrr.....

i keep getting card declined is that the same problem you had like you said the card is fine GRRRRRR!:(

I don't buy from Tesco online any more. My card (which is fine) kept getting declined as well... so screw 'em!

I had that issue the last time I placed a big order but it went through fine when I tried again several hours later.

Quidco really is a fantastic bonus, have saved a few hundred quid over the years with most of the purchases coming from Tesco thanks to their constant 15-25% discount codes and Quidco's 8-10% cash back.

Tesco Entertainment is a joke
Tried to order this on the 26th but order didn't go through
Problem with credit card apparently
But there isn't
Just checked my cc account online and they've taken money
Phoned them as there's no order in my history
And Customer service said there's no order and we've not taken money
But i'm afraid you have i said
Nothing i can do as there's no order gone through so you will have to phone your CC company
JOKE !

To be fair they haven't actually taken the money, they get the bank to ring fence the funds for a few days then it is released but for those few days it will feel like they have taken the money.

Strange that it even did that though if you order was declined as nothing should have gone through.

hums60 said:
Tesco Entertainment is a joke
Tried to order this on the 26th but order didn't go through
Problem with credit card apparently
But there isn't
Just checked my cc account online and they've taken money
Phoned them as there's no order in my history
And Customer service said there's no order and we've not taken money
But i'm afraid you have i said
Nothing i can do as there's no order gone through so you will have to phone your CC company
JOKE !

Is not Tesco its the Bank/Credit Card company.
I had a similar issue with Sainsbury Entertainment in which my payment was declined due to getting a MasterCard Secure password/question wrong, but my bank account still showed the payment had been made. Even though the bank declined it, the payment was floating around cyberspace.
I think it took about 7 days to get the funds back into my account though.

I called Tesco card today. Tesco have not taken any money from my credit card yet. :confused:

Yet, they have refunded me 15% back into my card :rolleyes:

Will they take the payment after dispatching the item then?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom