James Blunt saved the world.

You're

Yes and the older I get, the better I was too...

They're mentioning this because he is famous but nevertheless he did his job and used his brains.
And I think Gen. Jackson's language was probably appropriate. :laugh:

I still think he's a complete and utter James Blunt.

well to be honest i dont like his music but having watched him on Have I Got News For You and Never Mind The Buzzcocks he doesnt take himself too seriously and comes across as an alright chap.

I found him surprisingly likeable and funny on HIGNFY. Still think his music is as dull as a big dull thing though.

Me too and I guess that I'm the only one that will admit that I quite like his songs too

Aww, don't be too hard on yourself... I'm sure lots of the other ladies registered here will admit to liking his music too. :D

But seriously, I was surprised how likeable he was on HIGNFY too - when I saw he was on it I groaned at first, but actually spent a lot of the time laughing with him instead of at him, held his own against Hislop, Merton and (I can't remember who the presenter was - was it Frank Skinner that week?).

"You're gullible, you're gullible its true" *sung to the tune of You're Beautiful*/

Anyone see him as a guest on Top Gear a couple of years ago.
Very funny on that show as well.

Here's a clippy.....

YouTube - Top Gear - James Blunt

Clarkson......... "I didn't know you were homosexual"
Blunt.............. "Yes, most of my songs are about you!"
:laugh:

Last edited:
The guy is very heroic and modest to boot, he saw some pretty nasty atrocities in kosovo and saved quite a few lives with his interactions. I think his music is pretty sweet to listen too and some of his stories of the time he served are written in his stories, i for one would like to shake his hand and say well done.

For some reason he is a love God to all the women, i think he's going for the most women slept with in my lifetime award; jammy git! :)

BB

The guy is very heroic and modest to boot, he saw some pretty nasty atrocities in kosovo and saved quite a few lives with his interactions. I think his music is pretty sweet to listen too and some of his stories of the time he served are written in his stories, i for one would like to shake his hand and say well done.

For some reason he is a love God to all the women, i think he's going for the most women slept with in my lifetime award; jammy git! :)

BB

Wah?

He may sound like a girl, but at least he has a pair. Was apparently one of the first to drive into Kosovo to do reconnaissance in a tiny tank.

From waht I've seen of him on TV he seems like a normal decent enough bloke. He seems to get a rough time of it from comments I've read but I've no idea why.

Podcast of John Pienaar's programme from Sunday night ...
BBC - Podcasts - Pienaar's Politics

James Blunt, General Sir Mike Jackson; 14 Nov 10
Duration: 52 mins

The singer James Blunt tells John how he helped 'stop World War 3'. He refused an order to attack Russian troops when he was a British soldier in Kosovo.
Also on the programme is the former commander of the British Army, General Sir Mike Jackson, who verifies Blunt's report and discusses the events at length.

downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/pienaar/pienaar_20101114-2008d.mp3
24MB (right click & "save target as")

My dad seems to have lived a slightly freakishly parralel life with James Blunt :confused:

He also served in the Household cavalry in the Lifeguards and was a driver of light reconassance vehicles (and Chieftain tanks :cool:)

He also bought a red Lada riva 1300sl which was his pride and joy for many years until he bought a midnight blue Lada Riva :facepalm:

He had demobbed well before the time of the Balkan conflict but volunteered to drive aid lorries there and he was in many convoys that were the first to reach certain areas.

Unfortunately this is where the similarity ends because my dad then shunned international musical stardom in favour of driving buses.

Just thought I'd post this as it brought back a few memories. My dad does talk about James a bit as one of my dad's old army mates was still serving when James joined up. He'll laugh his sock off when I tell him about them both having red Lada riva's.

Me too and I guess that I'm the only one that will admit that I quite like his songs too

No, I think they're okay, too.

I can't understand the strength of feeling he generates against him. He's not a talentless, manufactured boy band or X-Factor wannabe. He's a bloke who can sing a little and who writes some quite nice songs. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

There are a lot worse offenders out there in the charts producing crap just to make money and get famous.

Steve W

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom