• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

jamcast alternative

hadd0

Standard Member
Hi People,

Finally i've found an alternative to airfoil !!!

I am currently using jamcast on my win 7 laptop utillising the virtual soundcard to stream to my WD Live box which is connected to my amp and speakers

A couple of annoying things is that if you mute the audio on the laptop the music is muted on the amp, so i have to put some headphones into the laptop to isolate the music so i just hear the song comming from the amp. annoying but i can deal with it.

Secondly, im looking for a jamcast alternative as the 14 day trial is short and i don't think its worth the 29.99 the developers are asking for.

Any tips let me know.

haddo

hadd0

Standard Member
problem solved, ive crawled these forums and found a piece of freeware StreamWhatYouHear.com

works perfectly with my wd live tv to stream whatever audio is comming from my laptop, i can also lower the volume in system tray for my laptop speakers so i can't hear the audio comming from them, only the dedicated amp and floor standing speakers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom