Jam Sessions- DS Guitar

Your youtube link's a bit buggered, but I've seen that vid and it looks interesting.

What's this about the Marshall amp? Link? Pics?

Remove the http part on the youtube link

180476b.jpg

okay, heres the amp, there was a picture of it in the latest ONM but I've found a link for it on Amazon. Looks the bizzo :cool:
416yz8gs99lss500ll0.jpg

and here's the amazon link, there's three different styles, classic, red and vintage

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshall-Amp-MS2-Mini-Nintendo/dp/B000BVS7WQ/ref=sr_1_1/202-0995002-5006248?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1188811758&sr=8-1

*edit just been browsing a bit more, this amp has been around a while it seems as an actual portable mini guitar amp (was featured in School of Rock) so the only specific ds element I imagine would be the connecting cable and the re-marketing of it for the jam sessions game. I want one anyway!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I reckon your'e right mate. I'm sure they are the same.
I think it's a good idea to match it with the ds just to oomph the sound a bit (although I'm not expecting too much from these tiny amps)
(probably a good thing with the missus moaning, neighbours etc)
plus they look really cool.
I 'm thinking of getting the vintage one.

A busker could clean up with this combo if they got in on the initial wow factor before people have seen it :D

I was thinking about getting one for my guitar anyway, just for the cuteness and novel value offered by those amps. Might just go for one now :D

Watched quite a funny video of Jam Sessions earlier on over at gametrailers. Dub FX using the DS as an instrument on stage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3410.html

You have to admit the guy does look a bit of a plonker there jamming away on his DS:rotfl:

got this game today...

only had a quick go and at the moment I am pretty unimpressed, though I was never the best at music and understanding it

one problem I have is that there are 4 chords that are achieved by pushing the d-pad in a NorthWest, NorthEast,SouthWest and SouthEast direction... but because this is quite tricky to get right as its not that accurate when trying to push these directions.

will give it some more tries of course, but the music playlist is pretty poor to say the least.

got this game today...

only had a quick go and at the moment I am pretty unimpressed, though I was never the best at music and understanding it

one problem I have is that there are 4 chords that are achieved by pushing the d-pad in a NorthWest, NorthEast,SouthWest and SouthEast direction... but because this is quite tricky to get right as its not that accurate when trying to push these directions.

will give it some more tries of course, but the music playlist is pretty poor to say the least.

Just got this as it was half price at Gamestation. I chose to set it up left handed, that means you use the 4 buttons on the right for the chords. Seems to me that pressing two buttons together might be easier than trying to press two sections of the d-pad....

Here is a (partial) list for the UK version of Jam sessions:

The first 10 songs below have a demo mode:

Beck - “Jackass”
Bob Dylan - “Like a rolling stone”
Bob Marley - “No woman no cry”
Coldplay - “Yellow”
Death Cab for Cutie - “I will follow you into the dark”
The Fray - “Over my head”
Nirvana - “The man who sold the world”
Avril Lavigne - “I'm With You”
Rascal Flatts - “Life is a Highway”
Blind Melon - “No rain”

Johnny Cash - “I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know”
Janis Joplin - “Me and Bobby McGee”
Jackson 5 - “Never can say goodbye”
Marvin Gaye - “What's going on?”
Jimi Hendrix - “Wild thing”
Amy Winehouse - “You know I'm no good”
Tom Petty - “Needles and pins”

There are also a load of foreign sounding songs I've never heard of giving a total of 36 songs; I may post the complete list if anyone is interested.

There is a list that has been posted here amongst other places. This does not appear to match the UK version. My list above is in the order that they appear on the DS.

The following songs are NOT on the UK version:

Cheap Trick - “Surrender”
James Taylor - “How sweet it is to be loved by you”
Brad Paisley - “I'm gonna miss her”

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom