1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jali Cabinet

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by lloydo, Nov 19, 2004.

1. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All

Took the advice from this forum and got myself a jali cabinet built to my spec, and I'm well happy, superb quality and engineering from Jali. Actually took the jali boards off the doors and added beige speaker material for the centre speaker and remote conrols to work. Haven't actually put the centre door on yet, need to tweak the back of the cabinet to fit the amp in properly. Hope you can see the picture.

Attached Files:

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,342
    Looks good - how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

3. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AMc

It cost 260ish I think, then about 20 quid for the speaker fabric and a tenner for the primer and paint, so about 300 quid all in. Just put the centre door and handles on over the weekend. Download the software from the jali website to work out a price for different sizes, mine is big, 200cm wide, 55high by 50cm deep I think...

If you need to know anything else just ask, but I would recommend the jali stuff if you can't find anything quite right, does take a bit of effort with the painting though.

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,342
    I have about £1200 of Jali bookshelves and cupboards in the back room built into the alcoves either side of a chimney breast :)
    I was just curious how much it worked out at once you'd added the speaker fabric etc.
    Good job!