Jake 2.0 now cancelled

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quite liked this i think i will watch it again pity its been cancelled now half way though the first seris

cancelled? how come?

first episode was a bit like the beginning of spiderman but it was pretty good.

id heard rumours..... but they could at least have done an entire series..... i admit i like the concept

ad

I thought it was a cross between the hulk (nanotechnology and all that) and your usual spy series. Maybe it gets really bad after a few episodes

he was ugly? Cant say i noticed one way or the other :p

ad

must say, i was slightly dissapointed with the first episode, was expecting something more.

Not ugly really, just not the sort I'd expect women would like. Must be careful how I say it else it'll seem like I was checking him out.:)

Originally posted by General Skanky
Not ugly really, just not the sort I'd expect women would like. Must be careful how I say it else it'll seem like I was checking him out.:)

:smashin: and there was me thinking id get you to say something incriminating! :D

The female interest wasnt that special either, thats one department i have a bit more experience with :D I thought the scientist woman was more than just a bit special mind you ;)

ad

didn't the scientist woman...have a very small mouth?

cancelling half way through the FIRST series? - talk about not giving it a chance.

I thought the first episode was fairly decent, though as similarity mentioned, it did remind me of the spiderman 'geek' idea - though i think that was done better. This actor definetly had a better starting role in 'Odyssey 5' - another cancelled show (no fault of his or the show, i assure you).

I cant really comment on the reasoning for this cancellation (so early on), but there seems to be a pattern of this with scifi shows - those that dare to treat the audience as adults, with some intelligence (maybe the two just dont go together across the water?) - my examples are....

Oddyssey 5
Now & Again
Total Recall 2050

Dean

Originally posted by General Skanky
That'd suit Buns perfectly! :laugh:

oi! :p she was small in general..... besides, much better than having a big mouth! :D

ad

Gutted....All the advetisment, watched the series and thought it was OK and now they are getting rid of it.

Do you think the cancellation will get the same advertisment as the announcement of the new series?

At least the BBC would keep the series running, but change the time slot.

Originally posted by Deansimm
cancelling half way through the FIRST series? - talk about not giving it a chance.

I cant really comment on the reasoning for this cancellation (so early on), but there seems to be a pattern of this with scifi shows - those that dare to treat the audience as adults, with some intelligence (maybe the two just dont go together across the water?) - my examples are....

I think that they gave this drivel more than enough chance. If the characters are unbelievable and the scripting poor resulting in low audiences why not put everyone out of their misery as soon as possible.

I watched the first episode, three quarters of the second but switched off yesterday after about 10 minutes. I think that the problem is the exact opposite of Deansimm's comment as they are trying to treat the audience as imbeciles. I should have guessed as if it was any good one of the terrestrial channels would have bought it or perhaps even Sky but straight to Sci Fi or Bravo normally signifies that no-one else wants it.

Good ridence! The show was awful to begin with. I'm not surprised anyway. Has no potential to live on.,.

3 more episodes to go at least we got to see all the filmed episodes unlike in the states where not all of them were aired.

well, i hope it has some kind of ending!

Admittedly the beginning of the series was naff, and it seemed that the extent of his super powers was running down an escalator quite fast.

It's definitely warmed up over the last few episodes, i for one will kinda miss it. It's by no mean a classic, but i hardly watch any TV and i quite enjoyed watching this, followed by Friends and ER on a Thursday evening.

Though...why they chose to air this and not John Doe is beyond me, no competition IMHO!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom