• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jailbroken 3G Help Required- New OS4 has bricked my iPhone

MuzMc

Guys- I am in a bit of a bad place here

I have a 3G which was jailbroken- I was going to sell it this week and get IP4, so when the new OS came out today I thought "I'll have a look" and went out upgrading the software as I wouldnt need the jailbreak anymore.

So....the phone goes as normal, backs up, says I need to restore, and then half way through it crashes, with the apple logo stuck on the phone's screen.

I then get that iTunes has found a phone that is in recovery mode, and that I must restore the phone before it can be used in iTunes. So.....

I do that, and it looks ok, says it's restoring, verifying restore with Apple, and then boom....I get an error message saying that

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred 21)"

I've had a look around since 7pm(5 hours) and tried everything with no success, trying to use the option key to get it back to previous firmware, tried older versions of iTunes, and still nothing. Also tried getting it into DFU mode, but no success.

I looked at a YouTube video with some guy using iRecovery, but this is all a bit above my head- not very techy you see.

Any ideas? Or is the phone bricked? Need help folks- I know this site is the best place to come!:lease:

MuzMc

Managed to sort it after all that time- I created a new user admin account and started from scratch with the iPhone. Worked a treat!

sarll

I also have a 3g that is jailbroken. I also plan to sell it after I get my new iphone4.

Is there a preferred method to do this to avoid any problems?

Is it best to 'restore to factory settings' before downloading the new OS?

I dont care about it being 'jailbroke' any more.....

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom