Jailbreaking Question

barrybarryr

Novice Member
Hi,

If an Iphone has been jailbroken and restored is there any way that Apple could tell this (if there was a fault or something)?

I want to buy an Iphone 3g but I would like one that hasn't been played around with. I just wanted to make sure that if I bought one that had been jailbreaked it would be ok in the case of any warranty issue.

Thanks.

chelsea.tone

Hi,

If an Iphone has been jailbroken and restored is there any way that Apple could tell this (if there was a fault or something)?

I want to buy an Iphone 3g but I would like one that hasn't been played around with. I just wanted to make sure that if I bought one that had been jailbreaked it would be ok in the case of any warranty issue.

Thanks.

No, once its restored nobody will know :smashin:

Tony

Meridius

but if the phone becomes faulty how can you even restore the phone back to apples none jailbreak what happens if the phone can not even power up ?

DJACID

Novice Member
if the phone doesnt even power up and it is a hardware fault,
there will swap it over for another one at any apple store....

RobM

Distinguished Member
but if the phone becomes faulty how can you even restore the phone back to apples none jailbreak what happens if the phone can not even power up ?
If it gets to that stage, chances are it wont be possible to tell it's been jailbroken as the phone wont turn on.

barrybarryr

Novice Member
So would it be reasonable for me to request the seller in the classified adverts (on the forum) restores the phone back to the correct software as a condition of purchase?

I'm not in any way interested in having a jailbroken phone.

RobM

Distinguished Member
I would do so regardless of your interest in jailbreaking. Having the phone in an 'out of the box' state allows you to ensure the phone is fully functional.

If you then decide you wish to jailbreak, you'll be able to do so yourself.

Meridius

so what can you do with a jailbreak phone over apples software ?

can you have
1 animated backgrounds yet
2 change your ringtone
3 chnage your txt message tone
4 have higher volume

is there other usefull apps or other things the apple phone can not do ?

chelsea.tone

Jase Winter

so what can you do with a jailbreak phone over apples software ?

can you have
1 animated backgrounds yet
2 change your ringtone
3 chnage your txt message tone
4 have higher volume

is there other usefull apps or other things the apple phone can not do ?
You can change your ringtones already without the need to jailbreak, have a search around, there's a thread somewhere. As for other usefull apps, there is video recording that the standard iPhone 3G can't do (even with firmware 3.0) and plenty of other little tweaks. SB settings is another good one, lets you set all sorts of toggles from the springboard and in any app.

Last edited:

DJACID

Novice Member
once you jailbreak your iphone you will have so many options,
it will take ages even witting up on the subject,

my iphone isnt jailbroken but my mum phone is :rotfl:
(she is on T-Mobile)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom