Jailbreak os4 on 3G & Ipod Touch 2G with Redsnow 0.9.5 Windows & Mac

SemaJBrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Im doing this now, will let you know how i get on.

When you load up redsnow it gives the option to enable multi tasking and background wallpapers, will be interesting to see if this actully works!!

I can confirm this works, you alos get multi tasking and background wallpapers on your 3g!!!!!!

only problem is ultrasnow dont want to work for the unlock!!

I can confirm this works, you alos get multi tasking and background wallpapers on your 3g!!!!!!

only problem is ultrasnow dont want to work for the unlock!!

So just confirming that this will only work on o2? sorry im not exactly tech minded

Edit: It seems that you cant add anything from cydia, the cydia icon itself is plain white????

If you dont need to unlock and only want to enable multitasking and background wallpapers then i guess its ok but when I tried to use ultrasnow ect I get this message:

"The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed"

Im guessing this will be sorted out soon??

All working fine now, just needed to update packages in cydia.

I have now Jailbroken, unlocked, enabled multitasking and background wallpapers all on the 3g!!!!

I have now Jailbroken, unlocked, enabled multitasking and background wallpapers all on the 3g!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Stuff il be doing this one i get home :clap:

Got mine Jailbroke again, only problem i am having is that winterboard keeps crashing, apart from that working ok.

Me too all working i updated from 3.12 no problems :smashin:

Got mine Jailbroke again, only problem i am having is that winterboard keeps crashing, apart from that working ok.

I think winterboard as always slowed the 3g down a bit, I think that this coupled with the multi tasking and background wallpapers might be a little to much.

I think winterboard as always slowed the 3g down a bit, I think that this coupled with the multi tasking and background wallpapers might be a little to much.

Thanks that's just a minor thing now, wish i never updated in the first place yesterday, but all is well now.

Thanks once again.:smashin:

Yep it definately works just done my 3g.

I'm a bit confused.... :blush:

I've got an 8 gig 3G running 3.1.3, jail broken using Spirit and unlocked by O2.

I've got it for sale in the classifieds as it is, but I'd like to update to iOS4-if I could keep keep the J/B (i gather the unlock is permanent).

What are my options now?

Ta. :)

I'm a bit confused.... :blush:

I've got an 8 gig 3G running 3.1.3, jail broken using Spirit and unlocked by O2.

I've got it for sale in the classifieds as it is, but I'd like to update to iOS4-if I could keep keep the J/B (i gather the unlock is permanent).

What are my options now?

Ta. :)
I downloaded the new firmware last night installed it then ran the jail break tonight redsn0w. I too have an 8gb 3g on o2.

So you just updated to iOS4 using iTunes as normal and then ran redsn0w to jailbreak it?

Was yours unlocked by 02?

Cheers.

Mine was supplied by o2 direct

JailBroken my 02 3G 16gb this morning and its running perfectly... Multitasking the lot... currently added the five Icon doc and a few other bits'n'bobs only one I found didnt work properly is Winterboard but they'll probably havent updated that one yet

:clap:

JailBroken my 02 3G 16gb this morning and its running perfectly... Multitasking the lot... currently added the five Icon doc and a few other bits'n'bobs only one I found didnt work properly is Winterboard but they'll probably havent updated that one yet

Winterboard dint work for me at first, but after a couple of downloads and a reinstall it did work, but for some reason multi task would not work with winterboard installed.

Does this work on the 3GS ?

Interesting, thanks.

What firmware & J/B were you running prior to iOS4?

but for some reason multi task would not work with winterboard installed.

I noticed this also... so i removed it for the time being
I would think they need to update the apps on Cydia but im not that tech minded

What firmware & J/B were you running prior to iOS4?

I used blackrain on 3.1.2 but accidently upgraded to 3.1.3 and lost the Jailbreak so for a while now my iphone has just had the standard settings

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom