Jailbreak os4 on 3G & Ipod Touch 2G with Redsnow 0.9.5 Windows & Mac

Hi,

I've got problems: got an 8gb, iPhone 3g, official O2 model. Was running Jailbroken 3.1.2, and then tried to re-jailbreak using OS4, and keep getting errors with Redsnow not recognising the "ipsw" file, despite using the same one I've just done a complete restore with! :confused: :mad:

I've followed the procedures on iClarified, and several other sites, to the latter, and each time, Redsnow still tells me that my "ipsw" file is unrecognised. :( (I'm using iTunes 9.2.061, running Vista Basic.)

What am I doing wrong? I'm not completely stupid, and I've jailbroken this iPhone before, but this time, it's doing my head in. All help gratefully received. :)

Pooch
(Currently wanting to smash my iPhone 3g for not letting me jailbreak it!!!)

i talked too soon, jailbreak and unlock went fine except my internet over 3G no longer works. Tried going from scratch again i.e. shift restore etc but still no luck any ideas?

Found the problem but as such there is no fix for it, for some reason my update has not accepted the carrier updates or acknowledge what carrier i'm on so i can't access the cellular data services of my network. Don't suppose anyone out there has had any exp with this or knows a force/work around?

Can you guys please help a noob out lol :blush:

I've had my 8GB 3G for over 2 years now. Always kept an eye out about jailbreaking, but always opted out of trying it.
But after I installed the official ios 4.0 that was released this week the phone has become worse, often very laggy and also seems to be losing connection more than it ever did before?

So would I be able to jailbreak my 3G? I only use Windows 7.

I only really want to customise backgrounds lol. Don't suppose you can change sms tone on the jailbreak too?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom