1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaguar music puzzle

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by simpo two, Nov 27, 2004.

1. simpo two

simpo two

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    I have a bit of a problem with the music side of an S-Type Jaguar and stumbled across this forum on Google. Seems like this place is full of people who know more than me - I hope so!!

OK, problem is this. My old car had exactly the set-up I want - an MD player (Sony) in the dash. I keep about 25 MDs in the console and just stick the one in that I want to hear. Simple :)

However, the new car has a built-in double-DIN unit with radio and, amazingly, a cassette slot :eek: Plus, there's no multichanger of any kind.

What I'm looking for is either:
    1) a double-DIN MD head unit (is there such a thing?)
    2) an adaptor so I can put the Sony in.

I don't want anything portable that has to be plugged in, or an MD changer in the boot - too inconvenient.

All suggestions gratefully received!!

Thanks and I hope you can dig me out of this.

2. tuttonp

tuttonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Looks to me as though you may have to scour ebay. Autoleads do not list a facia adaptor for the S-type and Sony do not make a double din unit.

[link removed-read the sticky at the top of the page regarding linking to other sites].

3. simpo two

simpo two

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. tuttonp

tuttonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Looking at the ad's the one thing you may need to accertain (if it's important to you) is if the frequency steps are the same on the radio as the UK, lots of problems if you instal a US radio in a UK car as the frequency spacing is different, may be the same for a jap import radio as this would have been tuned for the asian market.

Phsyically fitting it??, no idea