Jagged lines on JVC HV 32D25

JonathanKnight

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a JVC HV 32D25. When watchin Freeview or satellite I have noticed quiet often that there are a lot of jagged lines on the images on the screen. Its a bit like those before and after shots you see of demos of progressive scan, mine being the before shot. Is this normal when watching normal TV as I have not noticed it when watching DVDs (which I watch in progressive mode). Or is it just one of those things you notice more on a big TV as prior to this I only had reasonably small TVs in the past.

The Movie Theatre Mode (the TV's PS Mode) only works with FILM based material and uses 2:2 Pulldown for PAL (according to JVC Japan). I leave it switched ON all the time for Sky etc. You'll see on some channels/programmes there are no "jaggies" and others there are.

The Movie Theatre Mode works very well with NTSC interlaced images from a DVD player (despite what it says in the manual) and does a pretty good job with PAL stuff as well.

Obviously this mode is bypassed when you feed the TV a progressive scan signal from a dvd player.

Thanks, I will check my settings when I get home.

As I am about to get a DVD to optimize my setup do you know where I can find out what the abbreviations in the service menu mean. I know option 4 is the one for geometry but once in there most of them do not mean much.

Originally posted by JonathanKnight
As I am about to get a DVD to optimize my setup do you know where I can find out what the abbreviations in the service menu mean. I know option 4 is the one for geometry but once in there most of them do not mean much.

Check your PM's.;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom