1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jagged lines on JVC HV 32D25

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JonathanKnight, Oct 13, 2003.

1. JonathanKnight

JonathanKnight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC HV 32D25. When watchin Freeview or satellite I have noticed quiet often that there are a lot of jagged lines on the images on the screen. Its a bit like those before and after shots you see of demos of progressive scan, mine being the before shot. Is this normal when watching normal TV as I have not noticed it when watching DVDs (which I watch in progressive mode). Or is it just one of those things you notice more on a big TV as prior to this I only had reasonably small TVs in the past.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    The Movie Theatre Mode (the TV's PS Mode) only works with FILM based material and uses 2:2 Pulldown for PAL (according to JVC Japan). I leave it switched ON all the time for Sky etc. You'll see on some channels/programmes there are no "jaggies" and others there are.

The Movie Theatre Mode works very well with NTSC interlaced images from a DVD player (despite what it says in the manual) and does a pretty good job with PAL stuff as well.

Obviously this mode is bypassed when you feed the TV a progressive scan signal from a dvd player.

3. JonathanKnight

JonathanKnight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I will check my settings when I get home.

As I am about to get a DVD to optimize my setup do you know where I can find out what the abbreviations in the service menu mean. I know option 4 is the one for geometry but once in there most of them do not mean much.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Check your PM's.;)