jagged edges with component cable

pesser

ave hooked my ps2 to hdtv via component with this gow2 the pq is really bad everything is all pixlated the composite cable is the opposite it give a cloudy image is there any solution to this

bluefoxtim

Standard Member
Does your TV have Y cb/pb cr/pr input or Y/pb/ pr? the latter is not compatible I don't think.

Make sure you have changed the screen option in the system config

davey_wells

Are you playing it on 50Hz, or 60Hz?

I've also had terrible results playing Pro Evo 6 and Test Drive Unlimited on 50Hz using component.

60 Hz gives a lot better pic.

bluefoxtim

Standard Member
pic is just as bad on 60hz I reckon.

Tried every connection possible, still a worse picture than on my old crappy tv

D

drewski

Thought I should chime in here. Tried connecting my PS2 to my Toshiba 32C3030D and it wouldn't recognise the signal at all.

Just checked the inputs at the back and they are -Y-Pb/Cb-Pr/Cr - so theoretically this should work, right?

Judging by peoples' comments on here, would it be better of sticking with a SCART connection for my trusty old PS2?

davey_wells

Thought I should chime in here. Tried connecting my PS2 to my Toshiba 32C3030D and it wouldn't recognise the signal at all.

Just checked the inputs at the back and they are -Y-Pb/Cb-Pr/Cr - so theoretically this should work, right?

Judging by peoples' comments on here, would it be better of sticking with a SCART connection for my trusty old PS2?

Might sound completely obvious, but ...

1. Make sure you switch the PS2 connection settings to component Y-Pb/Cb-Pr/Cr (i.e. on the system configuration screen when you start up without a game in)

2. Make sure you select component connection on your TV.

3. Make sure the component cable is connected properly into the back of the PS2. (Sounds stupid but mine slips out fairly easily if you've been rumaging round the bak of your telly and have nudged something)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom