• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Jackie Brown (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 12/12/2013

Limited to 4000 copies. Artwork approved by Quentin Tarantino

10830501-1382696466-934186-2-jpg.444954

Attachments

• 10830501-1382696466-934186 (2).jpg
    10830501-1382696466-934186 (2).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:

Gooble Gobble

Oo, I was thinking of getting the steelbook from Germany but will wait to see what the artwork is like on the British release steelbook. Save on postage at least. Yet to get this on blu-ray. :)

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Good grief what are zavvi doing to me. Yet another must by!

gitsurfer

The amaray has been in my wishlist for some time. It's my favourite QT film (haven't seen Django Unchained yet) so will go for this unless they bungle the artwork/pricing.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
What has happened to this? Still no info at all.

So many other titles have been announced and put up for pre order etc but this one has been cast aside.. weird.

snooloui

Distinguished Member
I think it will probably come later in the year, that's what I'm hoping at least. I think Wreck was just given a list of planned titles so I imagine they will be spread out a bit.

chancy007

I think it will probably come later in the year, that's what I'm hoping at least. I think Wreck was just given a list of planned titles so I imagine they will be spread out a bit.

Not his best film but will buy as it was quite good will look nice with my pulp fiction steelie shame another zavvi exclusive bet it will be about £15 god I miss play.com

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Little update on this from Wreck.

ok so here's the scoop ... the delay is trying to get new art approved. So I think with all the other releases you guys have seen popping up you can be patient enough for this to be done "right". :)

replicant81

pretty darn cool artwork, similar in vein to pulp fiction. way better than reservoir dogs.

so, when do we get inglourious basterds to give us a full set of uk tarantino directed steels?

also its nice to see a few steels now coming november (this and the two transformers) at least it isnt october haha, but why announce 4 months out?

Last edited:

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
pretty darn cool artwork, similar in vein to pulp fiction. way better than reservoir dogs.

so, when do we get inglourious basterds to give us a full set of uk tarantino directed steels?

Yeah i really like it :cool:

You know it won't be long until Inglorious, the rate Zavvi announce titles we'll know soon enough. :)

Tarantino collection is going to look awesome altogether once complete.

Gooble Gobble

Lovely artwork. Will definitely be upgrading from DVD to Blu-ray with this steelbook. :)

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Not sure about this one yet. Might be a grower but as it is at the moment looks a bit of a cheap effort. Supposed to mirroring its blaxploitation roots?

gitsurfer

Not sure about this one yet. Might be a grower but as it is at the moment looks a bit of a cheap effort. Supposed to mirroring its blaxploitation roots?

Yes, I'm a bit undecided about this as well. Might end up with the amaray instead but am in no rush. Might pre-order this and decide later.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
That front artwork is terrible. It's like someone's used photoshop for the first time and learnt how to layer one picture over another and just slapped them all on top of each other with no regard for placement or anything! The plane and the case of money look especially bad, as does De Niro on the right looking to the right, surely that image would've been better in the bottom left? Poor effort

google

Distinguished Member
Not posted for a while but I am a keen viewer of this Steelbook forum. I felt compelled to say that I can't believe how poor the art work is for this is. Someone is having a laugh. For a top film like Jackie Brown? Come on.

This has to be the wrong art work.

djpaulc247 is spot on.

Scott

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
:laugh: The more I look at it the worse it gets

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom