1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jackie Brown: How many versions?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gammmmo, Aug 16, 2003.

1. gammmmo

gammmmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Wanna buy this film but am a little confused with the best version to go for. So far (excluding the flipper disk version) I've seen:

1. R1 SE usually in the £15 price range
    2. R2 SE £9.99 at Play
    3. R2 CE £7.99 at cd-wow

From reading previous threads people used to say go for the R1 (transfer is really good apparently). Anybody know if 2 and 3 are different/own either of 2 or 3 and KNOW they are as good as the R1 version???

And while I'm on the subject of Tarantino films...Resevoir Dogs - are the myriad versions of this the same i.e. Mr Pink, Mr Black etc etc....???

Cheers

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

This is actually easy to answer: Go for either the Region 1 or Region 2 Collector's Edition, with 2-discs in it. Both should be identical in content (i.e. no censorship, and identical extras), although the R1 packaging is a tad better.

As for the Reservoir Dogs query: all versions are identical, except for the packaging and disc artwork. Just go for whoever is your favourite "dog"!

Oh, and if you want "Pulp Fiction", get the R1 Collector's Edition, as it's completely uncensored, and the packaging is far superior to the awful Region 2 release.

Pooch

3. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    And then get True Romance!