1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack The Giant Killer R1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Setenza, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    It's out on 06.04.04 on the MGM label. Looks like it's in it's right ratio. Barebones release, but better than nowt.

[​IMG]

2. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Had fond memories of this from my childhood, but when I taped it last time it was on TV a couple of years ago I was really shocked at how cheap it looked.

I always knew it was a quick cash in on the 7th Voyage of Sinbad - to the point of having its main hero & villain played by the same two actors from the Sinbad film! - but it didn't stand up nearly as well as that film does today.

The animation/sfx (supervised by Jim Danforth who would later go on to do much more impressive work on When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth) were quite amateurish and the models were very crudely designed/sculpted compared to what Harryhausen was doing at the same time.

Even so, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff and I'll still probably buy it for the collection. :D

3. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep it looked cheap, but it was entertaining nevertheless. will also buy this

4. PILos

PILos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got the goodtimes(?) release which I think is full-screen (soundtrack not songs).

Is this any different?

Where can I get it?

5. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    It might not have had the production values of Sinbad, but it certainly gave me the willies more, as a kid :)