Jack Nicholson: The best ever actor IMO

Gorshin

Ex Member
Reaction score
You know this man is the best when he steals EVERY film he's in. Ever seen 'The Last Detail'. His performance in that is simply awesome. What marks him out from Pacino/Deniro is his utter 'watchability' and ability for superior comic timing (eg one flew over) as well as dramatic scenes (eg Chinatown). He's my favourite ever actor and probably the best actor of all time IMO :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070290/

Can't deny he is good. .....the best ?

Of the current crop of big names I've always been impressed with Tom Hanks, not because he steals the show, but because he looks so natural in whatever role he plays & boy is he versatile.

(Others I like watching include Denzil Washington, Nathan Lane & Gene Hackman)

Yes, Hanks and Hackman are brilliant, so too Washington. In fact, I'd say Hackman is the best supporting actor of all time, although he was great too as a leading man in The French Connection and The Conversation.

Legend.

:smashin: :laugh:

No, seriously, he is!

Jack Nicholson: The best ever actor IMO

:rotfl: :D :thumbsdow

Good actor but some what overrated IMO.

He spoilt The Shining with his OTT 'pantomime villain' performance.

What I class as a good actor is one that can make you believe in the character they are playing and be able to use a vast scope of emotions without you really noticing they are acting. When I watch Jack Nicholson I’m on a lot of occasions reminded he is acting rather than believing that character he is portraying.

I'd probably vote for Morgan Freedman, he always manages to make you think he's the lead actor, though he's never been first billed in any movie as far as i know. His best films are probably Se7en and The Shawshank Redemption.

Tom Hanks is also great, i agree he seems natural, you never see Tom Hanks, you always see the character, no matter whether he's doing a comedy, a romance or a drama. I think his best films are Big, The Green Mile and Cast Away. Haven't yet watched Road to Perdition or Philadelphia but i heard they're good too.

I've never been too keen on Jack Nicholson to be honest, that's not to say he's not good but i just think he's very OTT in the movies i've seen ie The Shining and Witches of Eastwick, and the romance one with helen hunt.. although i did quite enjoy that one :blush:

marc_angelus said:
I'd probably vote for Morgan Freedman, he always manages to make you think he's the lead actor, though he's never been first billed in any movie as far as i know. His best films are probably Se7en and The Shawshank Redemption.

Yes another fine actor , very believeable in any role he plays.

marc_angelus said:
Haven't yet watched Road to Perdition or Philadelphia but i heard they're good too.

Both excellent movies , see them if you can :smashin:

Jack nicholson greatest living actor - i dont think so - that must surely go to the great PAULIE SHORE!!!!! :D :D or one of the Ferria family in eastenders!!! :D :D :D

Gary

DeNiro, Pacino, Nicholson, Spacey, Freeman,
All good in my book

This seems to be turning in to 'whos your favourite actor' thread, so i'd like to add Ed Norton to the list. You can hardly believe its him in American History X! Also good in Fight club, primal fear and a whole host of others which i cant remember! :)

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom