Question j6300 vs w805c vs x810c vs ju6400 + judder?!

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Longfellow78, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Longfellow78

Longfellow78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Am moving from a 50" 720p plasma to a new TV and am stumped as to what to get.

I want a 55" and will be sitting 9ft away. I only have a budget of £650.
    I was originally going to go for the ju6400, but have read lots about judder, which I can't stand so think that's off the table.
    I watch a lot of SD & 1080p content, and don't see myself being too worried about 4k for years to come, but a part of me hesitates to go for "old" technology.

I'm drawn to the j6300 although it looks a lot of money for a 1080p set. It does 24p judder free, but rtings.com says it doesn't do judder free 24p at 60p (can someone explain what this means?).

the 805c sounds attractive but I think it's not very bright and would be watching a lot in the day.
    I think the x801c/8005c would probably fit the bill for me, but the cheapest I see it is £740 and that's just a little out of my price range.

Not worried about HDR, OLED, 3D etc.

Please can someone advise or comment on these models and if I am missing an obvious alternative set (e.g. Philips PUT6400).

Thanks a lot :)

2. Arkad

Arkad
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm finding myself in same situation. After my research I wanted to go with 55X8005c because it has a VA panel and not IPS like the other sizes from X8005c. The problem is that I'm somehow confused since I've read that X8005c is the same like the USA model X810C but it has 50hz and not 120hz like the USA model ... Now after I've seen 2 comments on rtings.com (please check the attached images) I'm still confused. I will be watching from a distance of 4 meters so I'm inclined to go with the 55J6300 but I will miss the android os and the 4k (even if is not a must). Finally is the 55X8005c 50hz or 120hz? Any help is much than appreciated.
    Later Edit: Where I live the price of 55X8005 is around £800 and the 55J6300 is around £600.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  3. Longfellow78

Longfellow78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know much about the refresh rates although I think the j6300 is 120hz. I do really care about motion as I'm really sensitive to judder and Sony's are apparently the best for this. Rtings has a good explanation of the differences between judder types of 24p
    Judder-free 24p on TVs

As I will be watching a lot of netflix and movies streamed from the PC (or 24p over 60p) and the J6300 doesn't do judder free over 60p, but the sony's do, I think it should be one of the sony's for me. I'm not sure!

4. Arkad

Arkad
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know ... after I read more and more is much harder to take a final decision :)
    Regarding 55W800C I don't know if you read this (from rtings.com): The Samsung UN55J6300 is just a little bit better than the W800C. It has more extensive smart features, and it also has slightly better black uniformity. Apart from that, it’s neck and neck with the W800C – including when it comes to price.

For me is either the 55J6300 or the 55X8005C. Maybe someone can enlighten us with some pro advice :)
    PS: I don't wanna think when I will change my car LOL

5. Longfellow78

Longfellow78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I did read that, and the only thing I was concerned about was the J6300s motion processing being as good as the Sony's for non 24p sources. Clearly the x8005 is the best, but the j6300 is the cheapest. also I think Tizen is much better than Android, which apparently is not very good...

6. Arkad

Arkad
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regarding Sony 55X8005C I've read a very good review here: Amazon.co.uk: webvamsi666's review of Sony KD-55X8005C 55 inch 4K UHD Widescreen...

Regarding 55J6300 it has Judder Free Option but only for 24p not for 60p and 60i. If you check all the Samsung TV even the high end models they are the same - no option for 60p and 60i. Also a lot of models from LG not all btw. Now I'm asking if is a deal breaker this option that is not present on the J6300 ... As for the Samsung J6300 is much brighter 285.9 cd/m2 vs 185.3 cd/m2 Sony W805c

As for Android yes I know is buggy but maybe with time will become more stable. For me the image quality is the most important thing ... I have Chromecast and I need to see how is sending the movies as 24p or 60p/60i ...

I don't know if it helps of not but it seems the 55X8005C have HDR support now from the latest updates.

7. Longfellow78

Longfellow78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    So I bought the 55x8005c. It's really good.
    Pretty happy with the purchase. Android is not bad at all (don't know why people are complaining).
    Picture is nice, following calibration settings from rtings.com. Motion appears good on 24p sources, but I haven't been able to test it on 24p over 60 yet.
    The 8005c doesn't have HDR support though, it was a misconception based on a confusing report from sony.
    The Youview implementation for UK TVs is very poor though, it disables many features, such as HDD recordin.g

8. Arkad

Arkad
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice congratulations for your purchase. I've bought the 55J6300 in the end. I'm very happy with my choice as well. I have it only for 3 days but so far so good.