1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J Reg Rover Metro Speaker questions

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by buzlightyear, Apr 20, 2005.

1. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Anyone know what Mark this version of the metro is (91/92). A mate wants me to put some speakers in but i have no idea what sizes, how many are already in there? etc.. anyone help?

Cheers

Buzz...

2. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    It'll probably have a couple in a custom plastic moulding in the front door pockets and two in the back either side of the parcel shelf. That's what my J reg had. I think the fronts were single cone 13cm round ones but I can't remember what the back had.

I wouldn't put in anything expensive as the Metro isn't a secure car and TBH I'm surprised it's still in one piece, mine rusted apart years ago.

3. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Cheers Mat, did you have to take the door panels off to get at the fronts, or can you just pop of the speaker grill. Its the chaps first car, 17 years old, ive so far got him out the idea of making it a mobile disco and looking like a muppet.

4. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I didn't have to take off the door panel just unscrew the plastic door bins and the speakers were underneath. They're moulded as a custom fit one peice plastic pod to give clearance so the speaker didn't foul the window mech. As I couldn't re-use that pod I had to make a baffle for the new speakers and glued that behind the grills on the door bins. I'm not sure if all Metros had the same sort of trim as my model did. I did try'n think of somewhere else to put them in the front but there's just no room, so the sound wasn't the best with them firing at my feet.