iyama ProLite B2409HDS-1 - Is it any good?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by decmatt, Feb 12, 2009.

1. decmatt

decmatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iiyama PLB2409HDS-B

Hi

I am looking at the monitor above, is it any good for primerly PS3 use, or would you recommend anything above it (this is really my max price). Also would Logitech X-140s work ok?

Thanks

2. robtek70

robtek70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I don't know about this particular monitor but I have recently purchased the Iiyama ProLite B2407HDS which I use on my PC. I have connected my PS3 and HD media streamer to it and the quality of the video is very good. Only problem I found was that the sound quality from the monitor wasn't all that good and really needs to be connected to an amp.

3. crossbow

crossbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I would get the E2407HDS & save ~£30-35 from Insight - using a 10% voucher code (see HUKD forums for this). It has an Audio IN port - not sure if this will be suitable for speakers though.

The main difference between these two models seems to be that the dearer one has a better stand with height-adjustability, pivot, etc (& a few other 'gimmicks'). If you ever need these capabilities in the future, you could get a very good Ergotron Neo-Flex stand for £25 off Scan (the stand gets good reviews btw).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009