1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ixus 500 help

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by stevetiler, Aug 18, 2004.

1. stevetiler

stevetiler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've ben playing around with the manual settings on my ixus500 but I'll admit I dont really have much idea what I'm doing!I was trying to take some pics of the kids bouncing on a trampoline (good light) but what ever I did the kids were blurry.Which settings should be changed for this type of fast moving shot or am I asking too much from this type of camera?Also is there a good site for info on basic digital photography thats not too complicated?
    Many thanks,Steve

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Normally the way to solve that would be with a fast shutter speed. I'm not sure if you can do that with the 500. If you can try setting it to about 1/400th of a second

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    Looking through the manual, the only thing I can see that may help you is to use High-Speed continuous shooting (set the camera to manual and then choose this option - page 63 in the manual). You would be better with the high speed option as this sets a short shutter interval. Whilst the Ixus 500 is a great camera for point and shoot and a moderate amount of manual settings, it won't let you set shutter speeds etc.
    You have to take care focussing on moving objects obviously, but the great thing about digital cameras is that you don't waste a whole roll of film trying these things out.