IXOS XHT601 scart lead

M

Majid Khan

Hi guys, i've just ordered 4 of these IXOS scart leads (1.5m, for £32 each from Amazon) -- although i've been told from many ppl that there is nothing to be gained from a more expensive scart, and I nearly decided not to go for a more expensive set of scarts --- but in the end I couldn't resist it... i've just spent £1500 on a new plasma Tv (Panasonic Viera 42PE50) and so want to make sure that I'm getting the best picture quality out of it... maybe these IXOS leads will just give me that assurance that I need.

But i'm wondering if i've gone for the right scart leads here, anyone use the IXOS XHT601 scarts and can recommend them?

I was close to going for the QED Sqart P2110 leads , which were about £5 cheaper per lead, but I'm assuming IXOS being a little bit more expensive might be a little bit better.. but I can still cancel my order and go for QED sqarts if they are generally seen as being superior to IXOS scarts..

I'll appreciate any feedback, thanks guys.

gerbilly

Majid Khan said:
Hi guys, i've just ordered 4 of these IXOS scart leads (1.5m, for £32 each from Amazon) -- although i've been told from many ppl that there is nothing to be gained from a more expensive scart, and I nearly decided not to go for a more expensive set of scarts --- but in the end I couldn't resist it... i've just spent £1500 on a new plasma Tv (Panasonic Viera 42PE50) and so want to make sure that I'm getting the best picture quality out of it... maybe these IXOS leads will just give me that assurance that I need.

But i'm wondering if i've gone for the right scart leads here, anyone use the IXOS XHT601 scarts and can recommend them?

I was close to going for the QED Sqart P2110 leads , which were about £5 cheaper per lead, but I'm assuming IXOS being a little bit more expensive might be a little bit better.. but I can still cancel my order and go for QED sqarts if they are generally seen as being superior to IXOS scarts..

I'll appreciate any feedback, thanks guys.

Cancel mate the QED are better. :smashin:

M

Majid Khan

I think i should share my experience.. having just got my IXOS XHT 601 scart lead this morning and linked it up with my Panasonic 42PE50 plasma - let me say that I wasn't initially convinced that I would see any benefit by going for an expensive scart lead over the one I currently had.. I actually felt that by going for a £30 scart lead I was just wasting money, but it was something I had to do just to feel that I wasn't missing out on anything with my new plasma..

Compared to the Hitachi gold scart lead (no cheapo btw, it was £15 from Argos and did a decent job ) I previously used -- I must say that I am quite amazed at how much a difference a high quality IXOS scart lead can make!!!

To begin with, the colours look much more vibrant, image looks sharper with the edges more defined and where it was especially noticeable was on BBC News 24 -- the reds in the on screen graphics look solid, none of the blockiness that I had before..and text looked much clearer.

The improvement in picture quality itself was pleasing,but let me say that where this scart really left me stunned was the improvement in audio -- it has to be heard to be believed, never thought a scart lead could make the audio from Sky Digital sound CD quality , because thats exactly what it has done...

Overall, very pleased with this scart lead and would highly recommend it .. the IXOS XHT601 is a damn good scart lead and one that anyone who's sceptical like I was about expensive scarts, should give a try!

I'm so impressed that I've ordered a couple more...

PS - it really amazes me to think that there are people out there who reckon a £2 scart lead from Homebase or B&Q is as good as a professional home cinema scart lead like IXOS. Yeah right, Asda's own branded Corn Flakes taste as good as Kelloggs Corn Flakes too I guess ! ?

Top Bottom