1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IXOS or 'Third Party' PS2 to component cable

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by martind, Aug 3, 2005.

1. martind

martind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I am looking to connect my PS2 to my new LCD via component and have a choice of the IXOS at £23 plus P&P or a 'quality gold' component AV cable on Ebay for £7 (big difference in price which leads me to believe the IXOS is much, much superior- but is it????)

I am willing to pay for the extra to get a quality cable however as my PS2 is approx 5 metres from the screen...........i will have to connect the PS2 component cable to a triple (gold plated contacts) coupler and then connect the coupler to a quality 3 metre components cable to reach the LCD.

I know that there may be a loss of quality going through an 'extention' lead so i am looking at the IXOS but will a third party cable be just as good if i connect using the above method.

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I don’t know what the eBay one is like, but my friend has an IXOS one and the picture is very sharp. My PS2 is still connected via composite :( However, if I were going to connect via component I’d go for the Ixos.

3. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I bought a 4,10€ PS2 RGB cable at FNAC and I'm using it for component video to my Loewe TV and it's a huge diference!

EDIT: In RGB is allmost as good!

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    I've got a cheap £5 component cable for my PS2 and the quality is the same as the official one I had before it (which cost a fair bit more). Not sure how good an IXOS cable is but can't fault this cheap one.