Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

IXOS Component Lead connection

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Zebadee69, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Zebadee69

Zebadee69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi all,

I'm a bit confused with all the HDef chat on this forum. I have a Plasma on order and have bought the IXOS Component lead to hook up my Xbox. Can anyone tell me if I'll get a progressive picture with this type of connection/lead? Is this connection better than an RGB Scart? Do I have to get the HD Kit to use the component lead?

Also can anyone answer this?

I have a modded Xbox with 200GB HD with the Executor dash. It plays Pal and NTSC games but it doesn't give me the option to change the output to NTSC or any of the progressive modes manually, it just shows Pal in the menu. Do I have to have the component lead plugged in for the menu to change? I do however have 3 micro switches on the front of the Xbox, can anyone tell me what each one actually does?

Thanks

Cheers

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +944
    You need to switch the video output to NTSC which will then give you the option of selecting 480p, 720p and 1080i, this menu will only be available when you have your ixos lead connected. The menu to change the video output should be somewhere in the bios or dashboard menu and once youve found it you should be in business

3. Zebadee69

Zebadee69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    OK, got my plasma, all set-up, changed the format to NTSC in the bios and turned on all the settings for Progressive Scan.

The only problem is the sound, I've plugged the video component leads into the plasma and the two sound leads into my amp but all I get is distorted sound as though it's been over amplified.

Anybody any ideas how I can cure this?