1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IXOS 126AV cable problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by HMHB, Feb 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    Hi all,
    I have a Panasonic Nv-fj620 video and the 2 scart connectors are side by side (one for satellite to vcr the other for vcr to tv). I have just purchased some IXOS 126AV scart cables and to my dismay find that they will both not fit in. The large heads on the ends of the cable mean that I can only fit one in. I can fit a standard cheapo scart into the 2nd scart but this would seem to defeat the object of having the better scart.
    Any suggestions please ?

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You could try using the scart leads without the plastic/metal housing. It should simply unscrew, you won't need to redo any wiring and you can always put it back together should you need to.

You will need to leave the threaded nut thingy on the end of the cable.

I had to do this with my scart leads plugged into Tivo, because it made the unit too deep and the front overhung the shelve - no ill effects.

3. rjpreston

rjpreston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about the flat Ixos cable? - the ribbon comes out at a different angle which might solve your problem

Rob